Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mx sport on ocean beach...

Silverbackbob

Best coil to use?? Not a regular water hunter so just want to be able to get out and detect when on vacay and out of the -22F weather for awhile... Bob

This time of the year dry sand hunting can be THE place to be. Everyone wants some sun...... not many wants the water. We are looking more for moved targets out there now. So.... in that respect, like Dancer said why handicap your options if you dont know the beach you are hunting on. You are looking mostly for recent drops so coverage may be your best bet not depth. I dont know how small of a target your machine will pick up...... to tiny and you could be digging a lot of foil. A larger coil may reduce/disc somewhat those worthless targets that take up digging time. If you are just having fun no problem dig it all...... or if your time is limited try the larger coil and dont dig a lot of high conductors..... that can make for an interesting hunt at the end of the day.

Dew

I found the stock coil gave me better depth in wet sand than the 13" Detech coil. 7" coil might be even better but you sacrifice coverage. Don't have the concentric so don't know about that one.