Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MX Sport & other White Coils

Rob in (Ca)

Can The MXS use other White's Coils........ Iv'e looked everywhere on the net, and can't find nothing :confused:

From what I have seen and what Whites posted ( I think it might have been their site ?) but no. Something with the new coils and 8 pin plug in makes it so the Eclipse coils will not work on the new MX Sport and will not come with any type of coil adapter. This sure would have been a good time for Whites to update their coil design and selections......too bad they decided to use their 20+ year old moldings to make the new coils with. I would rather see a 9" Spider coil design over the ol' 950 design that was introduced back around 1988. Was thinner then and fattened up over the years. Anyhow, I could be wrong...so if White's are anyone else that knows the answer for sure, please set us straight.

That big DD coil as standard equipment is for the bigger is better crowd, make it available with a 6½" diameter concentric coil and it will be a winner !!!!!!!!!!!!

Just found a video on the MXS, over at Kellyco's site, and Steve H stated soon there will be a array of different coils for the MXS ? ..... The Video was only 30 seconds long.

As I understand it Whites is trying to make 2 more coils for the MX SPORT but don't know when available ,with the 8 point plug I would think u have to buy new coils to match it. shortribs

The MX Sport has a different pin out on the cable and it is a waterproof connector . . . therefore existing coils can't be used on it. There will be a 9.5 Concentric and a 6x10 Double-D available for the MX Sport soon. Those are the three coils that will be available for the unit. The stock coil is a Double-D coil

Andy

Andy Sabisch said:
The MX Sport has a different pin out on the cable and it is a waterproof connector . . . therefore existing coils can't be used on it. There will be a 9.5 Concentric and a 6x10 Double-D available for the MX Sport soon. Those are the three coils that will be available for the unit. The stock coil is a Double-D coil

Andy

Well, if the little 6½" 5.3 Eclipse coil isn't available, that is a deal breaker for me.

Big DD and concentric coils are inferior in the thick iron nails where I hunt!

Hopefully a small concentric will be offered in the near future or White's will be losing out big time........

I think a lot of people would have a use for the small eclipse coil, I know that I will. The places I hunt, I use a 6" or smaller coil 90% of the time.

Could be wrong but i found this on whites website. I clicked on MX sport and then clicked full specs for the unit. It states "optional coils" Eclipse family. But i have not tried another coil for my mx sport yet, although i would like to have the 6x10 elliptical or the smaller round coil for trashy areas.

Hi Trash Finder, Welcome to the forum. If you have the other coils, put them on the MX Sport, it won't hurt only thing make sure the pins match the coil plug. If they work ok then use them. If they don't allow good VDI's then it won't work good. It won't hurt the detector if pin's match.

The coils that will work on the MX Sport have a different pinout and different connector than the other MX coils . . . you will need to purchase one of the two optional coils . . .in fact the package including teh other two coils will be available soon.

Andy

There will be two optional coils for the MX SPort . . . a 6x10 Eclipse DD and a 950 Concentric DD.

The coils will be available soon and White's is offering an MX Sport Limited Edition Pack which will include:

- Sport 95- Concentric Coil
- Sport 6x10 DD Coil
- MX Sport Baseball cap
- MX Sport Carrying Bag

The MSRP is listed as $284.40 with coupon and teh availability is "Coming Soon" . . . . .

Hope this helps in seeing what coils are available

Andy

Andy is the 6x10 a spider coil or epoxy filled solid?
Thanks
Tom

It is the same one that is currently in the line for other models

6x10 Coil

[attachment 327791 6x10coil.jpg]

Not sure what the decal will look like but this is the one used during field trials

Andy