Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mx Sport screen crack

I heard about the screens on the MX Sport having problems cracking around the edges before I thought about buying one. I bought one last week hoping that the problem was fixed. However as I was getting mine out to hunt today, I noticed that it already has two cracks on both sides of the top of the corners. I have only used my detector to find a property stake and played around with it in a creek for a few minutes. It has not been dropped or has hit anything. It has only been put in the bed of my truck in a metal detector bag after both times. I guess I will be calling Whites tomorrow about sending it back to be repaired. I was hoping to get some relic hunting time with it, but I'm afraid it would just crack some more. I would hate to be in a creek and water ruin the detector by leaking inside the faceplate. Has anyone else had this problem?

That's a bummer, wasn't aware the screen was having issues.

After reading your post, inspected my screen it is ok.

Thanks for the information,
Paul

The cracks are in the corners....the top corners mostly, in the clear part. Someone asked about it on one of the Facebook groups I am on, and several people posted pics of theirs.

Out of curiosity, is the cracking due to over tightening of the screws that hold the backplate to the faceplate?

Saw similar happening on the Beach Hunter ID and other non-detector electronics.............

Daniel's pic looks exactly what mine looks like. It wasn't cracked when I bought it and like I said it has not even really been on a hunt yet. I took it out of the case and noticed that the cracks were there. I have no idea as to why but I heard that the plastic was bad. I am trading mine for a replacement and I hope that it doesn't do the same thing.

No it hasn't. If they get everything worked out, I think it will be a good water/ land detector though.

When any piece is new to the market you can expectet some glitches it does not make it bad it just take time for the manufacturer to work them out I had problems whit my garret at pro and it turned out to be a fine detector. white is a good company and they stand by there products

Sorry! We updated the screen plastic when we first heard about this. A few units got out with weak corners and we will gladly replace them if yours has this (note- please don't run over your detector to get a new screen, this kills the detector).

Launching a new product is hard.... We're seeing some great finds with the MX Sport now that we have the kinks worked out, even though metal detecting takes patience we don't want to push that patience... We'll do whatever we can to take care of our customers and appreciate you guys sharing things like this so we can make a better product.

Tom@Whites

I got my replacement machine today. It took two weeks from the day I asked for replacement and gave my credit card number. Aaaaannnnd, this one arrived with the faceplate cracked. Pretty disappointed at this point!

HEBEGB said:
I got my replacement machine today. It took two weeks from the day I asked for replacement and gave my credit card number. Aaaaannnnd, this one arrived with the faceplate cracked. Pretty disappointed at this point!

Bummer, I sent mine back, but for a refund. Too many problems. A lot of people keep saying Whites will make it good but when and how many times does it take?

This reliability and quality problems that are related to this specific model just seems to be getting worst,i have always been a Whites man but in recent years the renown build quality and reliability have just gone out the window.My Whites TDI Pro build date 2015 will probably be my last machine from them,it still has the reliable metal tank build quality and that is basically why i bought those detectors.

Have never had to send a machine back for repair or service as they just keep performing and had 1000s of hours of use,paid for themselves many times over and should last for many more years.

I hope they do sort the glitches out,one machine that Whites still produce and still ticks all my boxes and would not mind adding if one came along at the right price is a MXT,that does appeal to me.

The screen part of mine never touched the ground. It was really weird to see it in perfect condition one day and then see cracks in it a few days later. So far the new one I got to replace it hasn' t cracked. Just hoping it doesn't. I like my MX Sport and have already found a few things with it.