Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mx sport update! Spectacular! One small issue...Tboykin?

iqwozpoom

I just recently sent my mx sport back to Whites to fix a cracking faceplate. Big Thank You to everyone at Whites, y'all rock! I am loving the firmware update, my machine is stable, quick and the audio modulation is working how it should!
When I am it carpets of nails I no longer need to worry about wrap around. Here is one area where the modulation really shines. I have been using two tone a lot and am really liking how much information the audio conveys. It is not just bell tones. Much better behaved in all areas etc etc...
But... Where is the 5.3!? I almost pulled the trigger on the 950 just to have a concentric coil even though I don't want the 950, I want the 5.3! (Or another small concentric coil, please make it solid epoxy!) Seriously, the mx is fast, deep and has good ID, all it needs now is the 5.3. HH

We have had 2 people request a small concentric. I think if we get a few dozen more the odds of it happening will increase dramatically!

I would highly recommend the 7" Detech. You may find your appetite for a 5.3 goes away when you see what it can do. Very zippy, easy to pinpoint and almost the same depth as the stock 10". If we could keep them in stock I would push for them to be the coil that ships with the machine, but they seem to sell out pretty fast every time we get a shipment from Detech.

Wow, only two!? I already have the 7 detech permanently mounted on my mxs, it's a great little coil! But from personal experience I know what a small concentric can do that other coils can't. Thanks for the reply!
Hopefully some more people will see this thread and ask for the 5.3.
Two? I wonder who the other person is?:beers:

I don't own a mx sport (yet) but am all for a 5.3 concentric. I know what they can do...

I have several 5.3 concentric coils for my 6.59 kHz machines, XL Pro, 5900 (CB), IDX Pro. I also use an Eclipse 5.3 for my MX5. I would not be without the 6½" coils and would feel the same way "IF" I owned a MX Sport. As you can tell, I'm a big fan of the little round coils.

If you have never tried one, you wouldn't understand. The Eclipse 5.3 for the digital high frequency machines or the BullsEye 5.3 for the 6.59 kHz analog instruments has some very strong points to consider. For instance, it has very good discrimination that goes deep for it's size, dimes at 8" in my mild ground are the norm. It can strut it's stuff in the iron hell holes I hunt in with it's great fast response and quick recovery from bad to good targets.

Ok, who in this thread would like to help us test this 5.3 Sport coil? Please PM your name and address, I will ship them to you free of charge. First 3 or 4 MX Sport owners who PM me will get em.

I have the perfect site to test this small coil. Mild soil and LOADED with iron!

I would love to test one out but I have a full schedule for the next couple weeks:| I don't know if I'll be able to go detect let alone test! As soon as they're available I'll be ordering one though:detecting: Can't wait!