Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MX Sport

My awesome wife surprised me with an early xmass gift. She gave me an MX sport. can members share some tips. I might want to get extra coils, Is this machine close to MXT Pro or new machine. I loved my MXT Pro.

Thanks Koz

Some tips - you don't need to run at full gain like older machines. 5-7 is plenty.

In harsh ground enable Salt Track, really helps with mineralization.

Enable Reject Volume at 40-50 to hear iron targets at a low volume. That way you hear it all but makes it easy to focus on high conductors.

The Detech 7" Coil is a great smaller coil to get that won't give up much depth.

I'm an MX Sport user but I work at White's, so I am biased!

Tboykin is correct, the MX Sport is so hot that in most soil 5-7 is as high as you can go on the gain or sensitivity. Salt water you may be hard pressed to go above 5. The tones are different than the older machines but once you get used to the sound it's fine. Make some notes of the id of different finds. I found a dog tag that read a solid dime with the 7 inch coil here in the Charleston SC area. Gound was reading in the 60s. It was close to the surface though. You will be surprised on just how small of targets you will find. I dug a 22 bullet and a bb couple of days ago. Both were 3 to 4 inches deep and sounded good enough to dig, solid repeating sound and id. Try running in all metal or relic and swithing over to check your fing also. Best of luck and HH.