Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MX5 Battery question?

yeah that's how I can afford the gear from not buying AA battery's :lmfao:

good mod run full power for hrs. with no drop in volts :jump:

really liking the MX5 nice detector.

and thanks hey :biggrin:

AJ

Couldn't resist. Wish I had the knowledge and drive to do the things you do. Glad you like the MX5- mine was purchased due to a fortunate turn in income and it's gonna probably be my last.

your fine slingshot all about having some fun !

I am no expert in fact I know not much, its following the power battery's are pretty easy other stuff well headphones and my next venture maybe a compadre mod but I would have to be real bored and willing to lose the detector :sadwalk: so no I don't know much about this stuff but have a go at it if I need too .

I have used a few detectors and if this is your last one you sure picked right seriously it must be the design flaws headphone jack, coil screw in cause from what I am seeing with this thing its near on a miracle worker mine is a keeper and not all mine are but this one stays.

so well chosen I recon :biggrin:

so I can mod it cause its staying.

AJ

Yeah, I did one on my Silver umax.I simply put a variable resistor between the red and black wires on the disc pot and used a spdt switch on the white wire of the same pot. I attached another white wire on the other side of the spdt switch which ran to the center pole of the newly installed variable resistor so that electronically I could switch between the factory pot and the new pot. A pot is electronically out of the circuit if the center pole is not activated.I then set the new resistor to cause the audio to break audibly on tabs.
Thus, I could hit a target at min disc, flip the switch and
If the audio is silent-nickel area.
If the audio breaks up-tab area.
If the audio stays-clad.
I then could just carry one detector and have ID help if needed.

yeah see what are ya goin on about :clapping:

sounds like you know more than me so I will have to ask you how to do stuff on the insides .

AJ

As soon as I can get them (battery's) I'm doing this Amberjack and exactly to your instructions . I figure it's cost less than 30 bucks at most and take about an hour of my free time and it's done . I just picked up a Amplified Depthmaster II headphones and with a constant 12 volts my MX5 is gonna rock like a big dog ! I'm already impressed by the depths achieved by it now with voltage droping as soon as I'm swing low on the turf and with the max voltage 100% of my time I'm 100% positive that what max is now will more than exceed what I've dug in the past ! But I have aways felt that the MC5 was a sleeper and now I can Max that !
I'll keep you posted along with everyone who gives a hoot ... Thanks for Everything You Post ... Woodstock

yeah can set yourself up for 30 $ with a charger and run all day at 12 volts, took it for a spin today worked well and I could run at full sens so far so good :bouncy:

I forgot to put this pic up not sure why but this is the end that screws on to the plus minus inside the battery box of the detector.

I am with you Woodstock its a real sleeper I have 2 x 3 hr hunts to edit will post it up here when I am done.

good luck with it and let us know how you get on :biggrin: if you need specs on anything battery's what ever just let me know if I left them out?

AJ

014_2.jpg

new hat cam , not so flash but as good as it gets for real time digging without spending way to much time cutting down my dig time I am out there to detect. video is 2nd so this is the only option at this point. better than nothing as they say.

AJ

[video]https://youtu.be/xaYdZw-sau8[/video]

Loved it! Your pinpointing is similar to mine-the MX5 is fast enough to pinpoint in motion. I didn't get bored watching like those videos that have the pinpointing button pushed, making 10 sweeps, then using the pinpointer and searching about 5 minutes before finally locating the target.LOL. Also interesting was the difference of the tones from US coins.

thanks Slingshot , yes fast enough isn't it, yeah ok on the tones guess I don't find many US coins :unsure: I have found a few no silver though. glad you enjoyed it next one will be better video quality just working out how to use the software the cam is taking HD video and that last one wasn't so flash.

its a lot of work but hey need something to do keep me out of trouble :buds:

yeah coins were pretty deep am impressed with this detector. more testing to do but its a keeper for sure.

get that next video up soon.

hope you are getting out to find some goodies.

AJ

hunt with the new battery pack and a mars 10 x 6 coil same park next day.

thanks.

AJ

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDaWLpeGGLw[/video]

AJ...

The MX5 is getting some good depth and the video quality shows this clearly, just can't understand what you are saying...:wiggle:

the audio is not so good on the hat cam but yes I do talk funny :bouncy: for all its quirks and bad designing its a keeper the MX5 because it does things other machines cant but :biggrin: I will try speak up in future but it looks a bit weird me yelling at myself while getting a target out the men in white coats might show up :drool:

AJ

battery update.. the pack is now inside the MX5 battery pod.. crappy photos to follow any questions if you want to build just let me know but its safe to say for under $70 I have full power for the next what 8-10 years for 70$ sounds good to me :biggrin: and huge run time 40hrs or more off a charge. now I just have to make a mod I am happy with for the headphones and I can finally use this detector and the 7 coils I have for it, everything has to be how I want it and that's why I am single :shrug: and you needed to know this info right :poke:

H hunting with the MX5 one of the best detectors on the market if you can excuse its shortcomings and well I have plenty so just knock the edges of a bit :drinking:

AJ

001_3.jpg

003_7.jpg

004_5.jpg

007_4.jpg

009_3.jpg

011_2.jpg