Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MX5 issue dicovered and fixed.

MattBullSummerville

When I turned on MX5 today after having not used it in a month or so the numbers and tones were jumping around. Checked the battery connections, all looked good. Tried 3 coils, still had the same issue. Took a magnifying glass and inspected the coil connection and found very fine green corrosion where the 3/4 inch nut touches the flat washer, I'm talking very fine, almost to little to even see. I keep a housing cover on the detector at all times so would not noticed it even anyway . Last time I had used the detector was at the beach and it was a very misty day that day. Only thing I can think is when I got home and washed it off, must have not gotten all the salt water rinsed off at the coil connection. Loosen the 3/4 inch nut cleaned the very minor corrosion off and tighten the nut back up. Fired the MX5 back up, ground balanced it and all is good again. Tried 3 coils again running just like it came out of the box from the factory. I hope this helps if anyone else experiences the same problem.

Merry Christmas and HH
Matt

Each time I changed coils, I just put it in all metal mode and bob the coil a few times. Yes auto track will kick in very fast as well, just something I do when switching coils.

salt water is a killer on electrical parts of any kind, your lucky that you found the problem good eagle eyes on your part WTG