Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

mx5

Brianpa

I was wandering how the mx5 compares to the older machines like the xlt . I've used the xlt, and a few others but with the lack of parts slowly becoming hard to get for xlt I was looking at the mx5.
thanks for any input in advance
brianpa

Brianpa said:
I was wandering how the mx5 compares to the older machines like the xlt . I've used the xlt, and a few others but with the lack of parts slowly becoming hard to get for xlt I was looking at the mx5.
thanks for any input in advance
brianpa

The XLT was my first metal detector, bought new when they first came out in the spring of 1994. It found me my deepest coin, a 2¢ coin at 11 inches deep, it just was never any good in the iron nail infested sites. I did not realize it at first, being a newbie, that the nulling of the threshold meant that I was missing finds in the nails. I soon realized that iron masking was a problem for the detector when my wife bought a Tesoro Toltec ll and was finding good coins in the iron nails that my XLT would not signal on. The Tesoro is a lot faster at recovery from bad target (nail) to good target.

...The MX5 is a lot like the Tesoro with it's fast response and quick recovery speed, it is easy to adjust, unlike the endless scrolling of the menu of the XLT. The XLT could have some custom programs saved and that is what I did with mine, just too much fiddling around with adjustments. The MX5 works great in the nail infested site in 2 tone audio and the 5.3 Eclipse coil, it has become my favored machine.

I really love mine. I feel like have an old TR detector in my hands but one that has ground balance and ID. It''s so fast I don't use the pinpoint button!