Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MX7 coil

Yes, all of the Sport coils will work on the MX7.

whether or not it will 'work' for you and what you want to accomplish is another thing.

I've tried the 13" Ultimate and other after-market search coils from different makers on a fair assortment of detector brands and models. As a general rule, I haven't been overly impressed with most of them. Quite often there will be a coil made that isn't offered by a detec6or manufacturer so that might add a little performance, such as the after-market 7" DD made by Detech for White's MX Sport and MX-7. At the time the MX Sport came out, they didn't have a smaller-size search coil to offer until the 7" DD was introduced.

When the MX-7 came out there was a prototype 6½" Concentric in the works, and that was finally announced yesterday with the release of the new Six Shooter Concentric for the MX Sport and MX-7. I am going to have to buy one of these new designed 'flat bottom' coils for my MX-7 arsenal to complement my early-style 'fat body' coil design. These coils work for most of the trashier sites I hunt, and so does the 7" DD Detech, plus it is a handy coil for working in shallow water as it doesn't float. I wish they made the open-frame 9" Concentric for them, but until something better comes along, the stock 950 of the MX-7 will handle most of my searches in open wide-open areas with limited masking trash.

As for a larger-size search coil, the 13" Ultimate coil made things nose-heavy and poorly balanced for me, and for the Coin & Jewelry Hunting as well as working the Relic Hunting sites I favor, there wasn't any real benefit. Actually terrible performance in any moderately or heavily contaminated site. Then, if you are hunting more open areas, with limited trash, and you anticipate desired targets to be a little deeper than average, then maybe the 13" Ultimate coil could be useful.

So, YES it will 'FIT' the excellent MX-7, but it's hard to say if it will 'WORK' for what you anticipate it doing. If you get one, let us know the results you experience with it.

Monte

Yes however I ate pie back when it first came out and I'm not sure you would like it.
So no matter what you ask I'm gonna keep on pushing pie because that is what works for me and you should do what I do because Thats the only thing that is right.

Diggindumbstuff said:
Yes however I ate pie back when it first came out and I'm not sure you would like it.
So no matter what you ask I'm gonna keep on pushing pie because that is what works for me and you should do what I do because Thats the only thing that is right.

ohiogal asked a good question and Monte gave his honest opinion. So, why the need for the sarcasm? Pay close attention to his advice and you may just learn something.

With all due respect.. He asked about the U13. I enjoy and have learned alot from Monte and many others here, however this is a hijack. Sometimes all people are looking for is a simple answer to a simple question.