Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

mx7

I bought one when they came out. Really liked it but it could not match the depth and ID accuracy results I had with the Equinox. I bought another one 6 months ago thinking maybe I had not really given it a chance. I realized I had been right the first time. It is a perfectly good detector. I just need simultaneous multi frequency for my soil conditions.
In milder dirt the MX7 is really good.

Jeff

JC, I don't have the mx7, but I have the MXT Pro and really like the MXT. Have you considered looking at the MXT? Do some research and comparisons between these two and see what you think. I am mainly a relic hunter here in Georgia and the MXT does well here in our soil. Whites makes a good detector, and they have really good customer service. I don't think you could go wrong either way. Best of luck to you.

Ive been using my dfx for 18 years nothing can beat it for my kind of hunting. which is mostly practice fields parks etc. for gold and silver jewelry. I say that because of the very good vdi and tones it gives. 95 percent of time I can tell if I have gold under my coil. I also just bought a used mxsport,which is a waterproof mx7. I bought it mostly for water hunting. Only thing about my dfx is that its not that deep. the mxsport goes deeper.at least here in east texas anyway the reason I asked about mx7 was to compare its weight an balance compaired to my sport which is heavy. at least it is to me. when I hunt older house places i would trust the mxsport to get better target separation an depth.

I'm like you, the MX Sport and being a prospector, the new GMX are just too heavy for me to swing for very long. I could swing the MX7 and the GMT 24K (same detector housing) for about 4 hours without too much strain. I prospect hill sides, dry washes, creeks and river banks so I have to swing sideways, uphill, upside down, you name it. I rarely get to just swing the 24K on flat land. It can get heavy but the balance is really good when I get lucky and get some easy swinging land.

Jeff

I just bought mine in May 2019, loving it...I haven't had a chance to try it in many places, my house, a huge coin spill at my mom's, and just went to an old softball field by an old church. I am disabled by back problems, so I could only hunt about a n hour and a half at the church, but found an old axe head, a 1926 penny, and assorted nails and trash.

:thumbup:I use the MX-7, and only wit the 6½" Concentric coil. By deign, the MX-7 performs quite well with that coil for a wide-range of applications. Not the best in very closely-spaced targets, but as a 'general purpose' detector it does fine. I use mine mainly for urban Coin & Jewelry hunting as well as "out-of-town' locations were they are not too heavily littered. They do get reasonably good depth-of-detection in locations where target masking isn't a concern and they are able to achieve some depth. The physical package design is really comfortable, too. Kind of a shame that after a long dry spell of nothing new and exciting and reasonably-priced, White's brings out one of their best land-based detectors .... then a couple of years later goes belly-up.

But as long as we have an MX-7 and keep them clean and maintained, we'll enjoy a long future of good times afield. :thumbup:

Monte
20171206_153919.jpg

Love that customized coil Monte !

I Love my White’s MX7 and is one of my favorite White’s units that I have owned in the last 30 years. I use the 6 1/2 concentric coil most of the time on it. I also have some areas where I use the 7” Dietec DD coil in the pic. I also have the 6X9 elliptical DD Sport coil that has its place In certain applications along with the factory 9 1/2 “ concentric that’s super for big open area.

The MX7 gets great depth and performs very well in every situation I have put it in. I am very saddened White’s closed there doors. I go out of my way to take care of my detectors so I hope this unit last for many years to come.

Happy Hunting,
Bill G

Attachments

• FD40DDDA-673E-4F7B-A07B-AF0DE88D4D93.jpeg
    FD40DDDA-673E-4F7B-A07B-AF0DE88D4D93.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 257
  • BC8B7EAC-F027-47C8-9D23-CCBEEAA1EBCC.jpeg
    BC8B7EAC-F027-47C8-9D23-CCBEEAA1EBCC.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 259
My MX7 is the first White's I have ever owned....I like it a lot. I too use the 6 Shooter coil, around my house...there is so much junk/iron, I pretty much have to. I get lots of ghost signals, and had a hard time finding any coins until I got the six inch. Hope to one day get another permission to try it out on...I have one at an old church, found an old axe head and a 1926 penny, in what used to be the softball field.

Whites Mx7 user checking in. Only used it about 4 hours so far in coin and jewelry with the stock coil. Used to run an Mxt and an M6 and have to say I liked the both better but it also took time for them to grow on me so I plan on using it more and figuring it out. The VDI seems to be a little bit jumpy all the time but a lot a bit jumpy at 5+ inches. Trying not to rely on it much and pretty much digging everything that gives a repeatable signal. Even with jumpy VDI I am calling coins, can slaw, and foil pretty successfully before I dig them. Overall it has been a comfy experience to start back up with an above average Whites machine, that is light and fun to learn. Thinking about getting the 6x9 or detech 7inch as my next coil (if anyone is looking to bail on their Mx coils hmu 🙃)but I’m content to learn the stock coil for now as I get back into the hobby. I’ll take any pointers or customized program advice. Think it would be nice to have a thread going for those of us thatare using these.