Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

mxsport in fresh water hunting

jimmy clark

just wondering how the mxsport does in fresh water,as for as how the coil swings through the water,and so forth.and when you have the detector completely under water is it hard to swing?

just wondering how the mxsport does in fresh water,as for as how the coil swings through the water,and so forth.and when you have the detector completely under water is it hard to swing?
With the stock coil it is nice to swing but when I put the 13 inch detech coil on it it was a little harder to swing in the water.

thanks wayne for the info.I don't own one right know,but I like whites detectors.ive use a dfx for 18 years,use it for jewelry hunting.ive swung a mxsport at a treasure show,it suppost to be the same weight,but it feels heaver and off balance.i did like the tones and the interface.I also have a multi kruzer.which I like.im not a strong man but not a weakling eather.im 75 so I don't need another detector.anyway all in all or you happy with your sport?please say you hate it so I wont be tempted HI HI.just kidding.

another question,for the v31 vx3 dfx users that have swung a mxsport.how much difference does the mxsport feel in weight and balance to you.i know that the others weights about the same.

Jimmy,
I too swing the DFX and have done so for 15 plus years. I learned how to lighten it up and that is with the 3.7 volt battery pack and the M6
middle shaft. My favorite coil is the 9 inch spider coi. With these changes the DFX is super light and comfortable. I also have the shooter
coil and the 5.3 and 9.5 coil. I'm 74 also. I bought the nox 600 and will use it for fresh water hunting this year. I like the 600 but, I'm so in
tune with the DFX that I would rather use it. I tried the MX sport but it felt very heavy compaired to the DFX. Found a nice 14k wedding
band just yesterday on a soccer field. The ring rang in at 50 and the icon stated ring pulltab. Checked it when I got home on the Nox and it read
19 zinc. I don't think I would have dug it on land, perhaps I would have in fresh water.
Percy

thanks percy for the info.can you give me more info on the 3.7 volt battery pack.i know the dfx runs on 12 volts.so where does the 3.7 volt come in?also the mxsport spects say its the same weight as our dfx.some say its because the sport is so off balance that it fells so heavy.if I should get one it would be for water hunting for the most part.

Jimmy'
This is the orange colored battery pack from Ukraine. Uses (3) 3.7 volt batteries that are the Lithium 18650 protected batteries. You can
buy the 3400 mah flat top batteries. This saves 8 oz. from the detector weight. I think battery life is about 11 hours. I have some
older batteries so they are not as good as the 3400 newer ones. Look below about 10 posts at (New V3i 18650 battery holder) postings.
I have been using these for about 5 years. The battery holder is $22 on line and batteries and charger about $30. Very much
like the RNB battery setup. I also use a similar pack for the explorer and I can swap out the batteries for either pack.

Hi again percy.one more question,i see you also have an explorer.ive heard that their or also heavy.does the mxsport feel as heavy as the explorer?

Jimmy'
I felt that the sport was heavier than the explorer, although I used the lighter battery pack that I suggested and also ran the smaller coil. Just recently purchased a chest mounted ex2, but haven't taken it out yet.