Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT 300 how good is it

If I remember right, the MXT 300 is just a original MXT. The reason for the 300 is they started putting the 12" coil or 300mm coil on the MXT and called it a "MXT 300"

Yes, the MXT 300 is just an original MXT that came with the 12" concentric coil and the newer flat black paint for the control box. It is every bit as good as every MXT performance-wise.

I have both an original MXT and an MXT All-Pro. All models of the MXT have identical performance! The only differences are that the Pro models have a couple of extra features like 7 tones and ground grab, but the basic performance is identical. Frankly, I don't miss the Oro features when I use my original MXT. I hunt in 2-tone relic and don't use the 7-tones, and hunt in locked ground balance with an occasional flip of the toggle to update the ground balance, or leave it in auto, so I don't miss the features of the Pro. I have a Pro and like it, but I end up just using it like a regular MXT.

The MXT is one of the all time great detectors ever and can easily hang with current top of the line models. White's almost made the MXT *TOO* good because there's almost no reason to ever have to upgrade. I've owned a CTX 3030 and a V3i, and the MXT has just as good depth, target ID, and separation as either of them,at least in my mild soil.

Well said Wayfarer. CCH