Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT All Pro

Sataro

Picked up a used MXT off of the classifieds here. Currently swing an Impact. Used to be a loyal White's fan & loved using my XLT 20 years ago. Waiting for my MXT to arrive. Ready to try it out.

Hi Sataro, You're going to love it. Congratulations and HH, Nancy

Sataro, it would be nice if you could take your Impact and compare signals with the MXT and report what you find out. i.e., separation in trash, depth, etc.

Thanks for the comments. Still in learning stage on Impact but will definitely be interested in seeing how each perform.

Sataro,

I have had the V3i, VX3, Makro Racer, Makro Racer 2, Nokta Impact, Whites MXSport and Whites MX7. They are all gone, and I keep coming back to my trusty MXT Pro and MX5. I still have my MX7, but after using it for a while, I still like the MXT and MX5 better. Mainly because I don't like the coil choices for the MX7 and MXSport. I have the Detech 6x8 sef coil on both the MXT and the MX5, and it is a great little coil for the MXT. I use it pretty much full-time on both machines. It is lightweight, gets good ground coverage, and gets good depth. If you try it, I think you will like it.

JEF said:
Sataro,

I have had the V3i, VX3, Makro Racer, Makro Racer 2, Nokta Impact, Whites MXSport and Whites MX7. They are all gone, and I keep coming back to my trusty MXT Pro and MX5. I still have my MX7, but after using it for a while, I still like the MXT and MX5 better. Mainly because I don't like the coil choices for the MX7 and MXSport. I have the Detech 6x8 sef coil on both the MXT and the MX5, and it is a great little coil for the MXT. I use it pretty much full-time on both machines. It is lightweight, gets good ground coverage, and gets good depth. If you try it, I think you will like it.

Agreed , that Detech 6x8 is a killer on my on my MXT also .Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all !

Sataro said:
Thanks for the comments. Still in learning stage on Impact but will definitely be interested in seeing how each perform.

I cut my teeth on the all pro. Great walk about machine in three tone. Downfall is areas with lots of rusty tin
Love the tones better than any other I've tried. Very easy to use and understand. Good luck with it.

JEF said:
Sataro,

JEF, just curious about the MX7, besides not having all the coil choices, how is the actual raw performance of the MX7 compared to the MXT? The MX7 is based on the MXT, so I'm really wondering how much of the MXT's personality is still with the MX7, because I love my MXT. Thanks!

Wayfarer,

The MX7 is maybe an inch or so deeper than the MXT, but I still prefer the MXT over the MX7. Actually, I like the MX5 the best out of the three. I like the tones better on the MX5. I use 2 tone most of the time on the MX5, and when I get that high tone in 2 tone it just stops me in my tracks and I have to investigate and see what it is. As far as depth, the MX5 is more than the MXT, and a little less than the MX7. The MX7 does have more features and programs. If the MX7 had some lighter coils available for it, I would have liked it a lot better, and might have kept it. I wish that Whites had used the 9" spider coil for the Sport and MX7 instead of the 950 coil. It is a much lighter coil. I am using the 6x8 Detech sef butterfly coil on both my MXT and MX5. It is lightweight and balances really nice. And has good performance.

As I get older, the weight and balance of a detector, is becoming two of the most important things that I consider. A detector can be light, but if the coils are heavy it throws the balance out of whack, and makes it nose heavy, and hard on my back. The MXT is the heaviest of these three detectors, but it has such a good balance, that it actually feels lighter to me when swinging it.

JEF, thanks for the good report. Sounds like White's was able to squeeze out even more performance from the basic MXT design. I really like my MXT and found it as deep as my V3i and CTX, so the MX7 must be one hotrod. I too really like the 9" spider coil, in fact that's what I run most of the time on my V3i, and the 6x10 DD stays on the MXT most of the time. Why White's puts the 950 flying saucer on its detectors is beyond me, especially on the new MX7.

Wayfarer said:
JEF, thanks for the good report. Sounds like White's was able to squeeze out even more performance from the basic MXT design. I really like my MXT and found it as deep as my V3i and CTX, so the MX7 must be one hotrod. I too really like the 9" spider coil, in fact that's what I run most of the time on my V3i, and the 6x10 DD stays on the MXT most of the time. Why White's puts the 950 flying saucer on its detectors is beyond me, especially on the new MX7.

Having tested them all out I have found that the MXT is very dependent on coil choices it can and will run rings around other machines but there are some coils that retard the MXT's depth, I disliked detech coils on ML machines but for some reason they work really well on Whites, In normal soils the 950 is a great coil and if you are having troubles with bottle caps using the 10"DD then use the 950/9.5 coil, they air test the same but the 950 ID's Iron better,

The MXT can whoop any machine when it comes to depth regardless of brand, but some of Whites Coils are too Hot and so ground mineralization tend to blind the machine, Yet the 5.3 (6") coil is the hottest coil for prospecting because it can see bits down to 0.006 grams which is perfect for searching shallow ground and bedrock,

So just because one machine has an edge using a certain coil means very little because the MXT with the right selection of coils can be quite brutal.

hope that helps.