Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT and Headphones

Ga Rebel

I'm using a White's MXT w/SunRay Pro Headphones. If I plug the 1/4in headphone connector all the way in, I get no sound. If I slide the plug out of the detector about 1/8 in to 1/4 in they work fine. Anyone else run into this? Just wondering if that is normal or not.

I don't have any problems with mine, I plug it all the way in but I am using the Whites GT headphones that come with the detector. I would have to say that the plug with your headphones really isn't compatible with the MXT. If you still have the ones that came with the MXT then I would compare the plugs to see if there is a difference. some plugs might be the same size but the negative and positive part of the plug will be a little different.

I also have the SunRay Pro Gold headphones and use the MXT. I've not encountered any problems. To answer your question, no, it's not normal. I wonder if the headphone plug is bad on your MXT. Mine was quite loose, and needed repaired after using it 7 yrs. Maybe others here can help. Also might want to give Ray a call about the phones. Good luck, Nancy

Thanks all. I'll do some checking on the plugs when I get home and post the outcome. I got a pair of White's still in the bag, and an old cheap odd brand. I'll give them a try.

Stupidity at work here!!! I had the mode switch on the headphones in the wrong position. Flipped it, and they worked plugged all the way in. Sure thought I flipped it the other day. Guess I flipped the limiter switch instead. Thanks for the input.

No problem. When you said that, I remembered I had done that too! :blush: Glad there's nothing wrong! HH, Nancy

I just bought a new pair of the same headphones and had not tried them out yet on my MXT. I just now went and plugged them in and they seem to work just fine plegged all the way in tightly.