Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT and V3i - what a team!

mike5853

Just ordered the V3i today, should be here Saturday. I’ve owned my MXT for 6 years now and still find it to be just as effective as ever. So I figured the V3i is a natural move up. Anyone here own both and can give me an idea of how they compare? The MXT is a tough act to follow, even for another Whites. :wave:

And I couldn't have agreed more, until they finally did, and as soon as the "next act" came along, I snapped it up! I rehearsed with that "next act" [size=small](worked with the prototype)[/size] and noted just a couple of things that needed attention, and I had my own "wish list." When that new-and-exciting model was introduced they had made a couple of other refinements and gave us one of the best all-purpose detectors I have ever used ... the MXT Pro which has been renamed the MXT All-Pro [size=small](not changed, just an 'All' sticker added to the decal)[/size].

mike5853 said:
Just ordered the V3i today, should be here Saturday. I’ve owned my MXT for 6 years now and still find it to be just as effective as ever. So I figured the V3i is a natural move up. Anyone here own both and can give me an idea of how they compare? The MXT is a tough act to follow, even for another Whites.
I got an early release Vision. Then it was 'revised' and then it was replaced with a newer improved Vision, and then I parted with it and waited for more bugs to be worked out, then acquiring a Spectra V3. It was later replaced with the V3i. I worked all of these Spectra versions against some other models I had at those times, such as a 5900 Di Pro SL [size=small](CB board)[/size], an XL Pro, and XLT and an MXT and MXT Pro.

I didn't care for the excess control design, the hesitation before a quick re-sweep of a target, some peculiar 'digital' performance, and definitely not the very short battery life. I got rid of the last one and kept an XLT, but also went with a VX3 to check it out. Overall, I liked the VX3 much more than the V3i as it had similar performance, weight and balance, but it was simple to operate and less adjustment tweaking. In April of last year I sold my very nice condition XLT thinking that, maybe, the VX3 would take its place as my "cruising unit" for hunting more open parks and also working in and around the brushier spots of older parks where I used to use my XLT's.

This summer I sold off my VX3 as I seldom used it because, well, I just didn't like it and the field performance compared with my MXT All-Pro or other models in my detector battery. I am now in the search for another pristine condition XLT e-series to fill a small void. Small, because I mainly hunt trashier, brushier, and out-of-the-way locations. For those sites I am much better suited with the performance of my #1 All Purpose Detector, the MXT All-Pro, complemented by my MX5, Omega, and Bandido II µMAX.

Naturally I acknowledge that we all have our likes and dislikes when it comes to certain brands or models within a brand, so I am looking forward to your views in the future after you have had some time to get comfortable with the V3i and use it an ample amount afield, side-by-side, with the original MXT. Perhaps you will like it for your sites and hunting styles, but if you know and like the MXT, I have a feeling that the V3i might come up a little short in overall impressiveness, but only time will tell. Be sure to let us know your results.

Monte

Well said Monte! Well said. :thumbup: I have read many V3i users going back to their old faithful MXT.

many who have moved on up [size=small](in their imagination, perhaps)[/size] to a VX3 or V3i or one of the Minelab FBS models or the French Deus, and other makes and models, only to go BACK to their MXT or MXT Pro, or move on down to a new MXT All-Pro because they have found them to be much simpler to use, but also provide equal or better in-the-field performance for a broader variety of hunting applications.

That's one of the reasons I enjoy following your posts because quite often you're reporting on your results from hunting with the plain-Jane [size=small](or plain Nancy)[/size] MXT version that opened up a lot of opportuniti4es for avid detectorists with an affordable yet highly efficient and versatile detector.

Let's here it for the MXT / MXT Pro / MXT All-Pro detectors and family [size=small](the M6 and MX5)[/size]! :cheers:

Monte

Thanks for the feedback Nancy and Monte, I considered the MXT ALL PRO but after spending some time with it, I found it to be, with the exception of a few new bells, not really any different than my trusty MXT, so I thought I'd go with the V3i. I have had all the high end detectors and sold them all after a few months. To be honest the only other detector I use is my Tesoro Vaquero, how simple can you get! I'll give the V3i a go and see how it does. In the end, I just may wind up with the ALL PRO after all.

Monte said:
Let's here it for the MXT / MXT Pro / MXT All-Pro detectors and family [size=small](the M6 and MX5)[/size]! :cheers:

Monte

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Thank you Monte!

[attachment 303422 images.jpg]

I own and have owned over the years, many detectors that I have used for fun and entertainment.
But when I am in a serious hunting mood, expecting results, the MXT is the detector I swing.