Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT DC Phase Reading

A

Anonymous

Met up with a fella from the forums Saturday and hunted for a little bit. He hunted with an Explorer II but brought his MXT along because I asked him if he would bring it. I wanted to get a DC Phase reading of the ground here, as it has proved to be kinda tough ground.
DC Phase on the MXT was around 64, and I was just wondering if anybody knew of a chart that would convert the MXT's DC Phase readings into the numbers of the DFX or XLT.

Around here I have MXT readings of 71 to 73, and if I recall the XLT produced readings in the 91 to 93 range at the same locations. Very seldom do I get into ground that is kind enough to register below 68 with an MXT.
<EM><STRONG>Monte

Monte,
Around here with the DFX and XLTs the ground reads in the low 90s as well.
The site we got the DC Phase reading with is a little different but because of the MXT not having the same numbers I was just wondering what it might read on the XLT/DFX. Those machines handle the low 90s decently well...about average I guess. But to me it just don't make sense for the machines to handle bad ground better than it does "kind" ground. I dug a hole about 5" deep, threw a bullet into the bottom of it, got a DC phase reading on the ground and even with the MXT gain set at +2 it wouldn't register on the meter or beep on the bullet. The disc was set at 3 and the mode in relic mixed mode. I kept getting "94 Hot Rock" readings and it would do that with the bullet in the ground as well. So something idn't right about that...the MXT air tests a bullet way past 5".
The fella I hunted with had the MXT as backup and hunted the EX II as primary. He said the ground was loaded with iron debris and that all the good targets were masked; therefore the reason why every machine I've ever had here doesn't act right. If you run disc above iron it knocks out the good stuff at 7-10 inches. I guess this explains my "ghost signals" where they sound faint and deep and I dig and they disappear.