Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT/DFX

A

Anonymous

I am sure several people have asked this already. Which one? I am going to buy a new detector mostly for coin and relic hunting. I want something easy to use. The forums seem to favor the MXT over the DFX which I find confusing because evrything you read says the multi frequency machines are deeper and find more. Most seem to favor the MXT single freq over the DFX multi freq why?

Multi-freq. detectors deeper? Possibly in some
situations,beach, wet sand, etc. but most single
freqs. will do any that they will do. The government
limits total output, so regardless of the freqs.
used, you can still only put out 100mw. I have
had both machines, the DFX is a very capable
machine but I chose the simplicity of the MXT
over the DFX. Easy to use and DEEP. HH Richard

Greg,
I dont think it is the freq why a person choses the MXT over the DFX, but more of the ease of operation. The MXT is more of a turn on a go machine while the DFX is more for the person that wants to tinker and adjust to tweak a little more out of it. The DFX with it tone ID helps ID without looking at the meter on every signal you get to ID.
Now one of the things I like about the MXT is I can turn it on and set my disc and start hunting where every i go while the DFX you have to set it for the area you are and doing the right adjustment. When and if ever set right for the area it should do better than the MXT, but to me finding what works best is losing valuable detecting time in the feild.
I use the Minelab Explorer, the Elite and the MXT and find the MXT is the one that is the most fun to hunt with and Minelabs the best for depth and deep target ID.
Rick

Yes I agree with you Rick, I like to think of it as XLT DFX Power combined, only with A lot more Simplicity! But I know about the Minelab Sovrigen elite, And I don't Think it is As hot As MXT, I know that for A Fact, Im sure I wouldint have found my shells if I were still useing the Minelab elite!

David,
Both are very good detectors and like I say when I want the real deep ones with the best ID the Elite or the Explorer are the ones I will use. Many have problems with the Elite or the Explorer learning these detectors as they are differnt, but those that do do very well with them.
I have seen some deep coins come with both the MXT and the Elite but you have to know the detector well to get then depth and beable to tell the good from the bad.
I like to do accual target comparison, not air test or preburried coins and find the Sovereign Elite will see coins many of the others can not see, but the MXT come close to seeing some of these real deep ones and IDing them.
Rick

Thanks for all the info. I am going to get the MXT to start with.

if your coin hunting, the relic audio is more
defining of what is in the ground. HH RichardnTn