Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT ground balance

coinspader

How many of you lock the ground balance when you are in dense iron? Do you feel you have to lock the ground balance in dense iron or do you just let it keep tracking? I was watching one of the old Whites video's and the guys said to leave the tracking on in the relic mode, I always thought you had to lock the ground balance in a relic hunting situation because the detector would have trouble giving you a correct ground reading with all the iron in the ground.

This question is for the E series MXT

Attachments

• IMG_3313.jpg
    IMG_3313.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 32
If the MXT is used in an area with a lot of man made iron and the goal are relics, too, the ground trac has be set to [LOCK]. Otherwise the tracking system is going to cancel these possible targets out as they could be part of ground mineralisation, and with that the detector becomes erratic and smaller iron can become invisible for a moment.
If I recognize a lot of iron in the area to be searched I always switch to [LOCK] to get better signals.
This is for all MXT's and will also be helpful on different detectors if they're using automatic ground tracking. I'm using this on the Spectra and DFX, too.