Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT MAX coil

ARAWORN

Hi all, I recently inquired about the Super12 coil. As it turns out my local Whites dealer was closing today. So I bought the MXT MAX 15" coil ( got a discount and the shaft for free ). I was wondering if anyone has ever tried this coil on the MXT All Pro, and what were the results. We did an air test in the shop and it seemed to give an extra 3-4".

This was years ago. I had a MXT Tracker model I think it was. I had a 15" coil made overseas by Detech. Hope I have the facts correct. I never used it as it came as part of a package but in an air test I could hear a quarter moving through the field at 36." I hate to even state that but that is what I got. It was a concentric so I am sure that had much to do with it.

Thanks for the reply. Well, in the air test in the shop we definitely didn't get 36". However I approximated we got 16-18". I've been using the stock 10" DD coil. Can't wait for spring to try this baby out.

I dont own a MXT but i do own its bigger brother the DFX,i have a fair few coils for this machines including large coils upto 18'' but i must admit they rarely get used and then it would only be on say open pasture or ploughed and rolled farmland.These larger coils of course do go deeper than say a normal stock coil but mainly only on larger artifacts that the gain will be noticed,alot of folks fall into the trap of buying these larger coils thinking that they can be used on parks and instead of the stock coil for everyday use,this is far from the trueth infact the performance will be reduced.

Someone has mentioned about detecting a single coin at 36'' i am not doubting this comment but must admit that i have nver even gained anything like that depth from such a coil,even on the box that came with my 18'' Detech coil it basically mentioned that it is mainly for artifact hunting and would be totally useless on coins especially at depth and 36'' would almost be impossible,the rule of thumb when using larger coils is that the larger the target the deeper the coil will go and of course another boig problem with big coils is the possibility of multiple targets under the coil at the same time this of course can give null signals if one of them is iron.

Its a great talking point with all your detecing mates that i have the biggest coil going,but in reality it means nothing,these large coils have many downside ie weight,nulled signals,cost and also the proper location is vital to use them.The up side of using such large coils after using them for a fair few years is almost zero in my mind,i will admit i do own and use large Mono coils on my Pulse machine but we are talking about a specific use for such combinations and this is when a large coil does come into play and it would only take just one decent deep find that could pay for all my detecting equipment full stop and more.

Good luck with your large coil,i am not knocking them just tring to highlight a few things when buying these larger coils and the problems that can often be over seen.

Thanks for the info. When I bought the coil the dealer with whom I have a friendly relationship with said I would probably only use it a few times a year. Also as you stated mostly for larger items deeper down. However I'm hoping if most people are getting coins in THE 6"-10" range I can get an extra 2"-3", and that can make the difference. Although with the weather currently in the NEast, I haven't used it yet. In this down time I learned about the XP DEUS, so I'm having a slight bit of buyers remorse.Hopefully when the weather turns I can alleviate that remorse with a nice cache of gold coins. Haha. Thanks aqain.

ARAWORN said:
Thanks for the info. When I bought the coil the dealer with whom I have a friendly relationship with said I would probably only use it a few times a year. Also as you stated mostly for larger items deeper down. However I'm hoping if most people are getting coins in THE 6"-10" range I can get an extra 2"-3", and that can make the difference. Although with the weather currently in the NEast, I haven't used it yet. In this down time I learned about the XP DEUS, so I'm having a slight bit of buyers remorse.Hopefully when the weather turns I can alleviate that remorse with a nice cache of gold coins. Haha. Thanks aqain.

Weather? What weather? I don't see any weather! :surrender: :rofl: