Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT models with tone ID ?

SWMO Mark

I am thinking about getting a used MXT, but want one with tone ID. Wasn't sure which models have tone ID. Thanks for any info. Mark

I held out acquiring a MXT until it came with multi tones. The multi tones on my MXT All-Pro are just not the quality that I had been listening to on my V3i. So, what I do is run the MXT All-Pro in single tone. I could have been enjoying an MXT years ago.

The MXT Pro has multitone, which can be enabled whilst in all-metal mode too. I used an MXT for many years before upgrading to the Pro.. and am glad I did.

Having just been through the process of hunting down an MXT myself, I believe that the Original MXT Tracker series and the MXT 300 are the early versions, before MULTI-TONES, GROUND GRAB and BACKLIGHT. You can identify older models as they have a TARGET ID reference sticker below the LCD display for the 3 different hunting Modes; Coin/Jewelry, Relic, and Prospecting. The MXT Pro and the MXT All-Pro have 3 touch buttons in place of the target reference sticker. The 1st of the buttons has a picture of 2 - Musical Notes, the second is labeled Ground Grab and the third has a Picture of a lightbulb.

I have only a few hunts on my MXT All-Pro, but already have a preference for the Single Tone and am experimenting with the Relic Tone-2. I came from the Explorer / etrac world where there is A LOT going on in the headphones, but the ears and the brain eventually figure it out. At least I think so. As for my MXT, it is too early to tell what I will stick with, still learning things and figuring out what works best.

Best of luck finding what suits your fancy,

Rich -