Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT PRO for dry sand

Bromly

Thinking about picking up a MXT PRO for dry sand hunting only. Anybody here have
any input, good or bad? I have a few water machines, but would really like to have a dry sand only machine.

Thanks
Ken!

An MXT Pro with a 950 coil is a very good inland and dry sand detector. Properly tuned it can even do fairly well in wet saltwater sand.

MXT Pro is a good dry sand machine but I prefer the M6 to the MXT for dry sand hunting. WIth it being a silent search machine, it's less noisy than the MXT. You may give up a fraction of an inch in depth but it will save you a few hundred dollars in the cost of the machine.

Good info guys! I also think I'll take a look at the M6.

tyvm
Ken

In the same amount of hunting time an M6 is likely to produce more good targets in dry sand than a standard MXT. The M6 is quieter but the feature that gives an experienced user the advantage with an M6 is the tone ID.

The situation changes when the operating features of an MXT Pro are compared to the features of M6. The MXT Pro has the option of using the same tone ID as the M6. And, the MXT Pro Threshold can be adjusted to just below audible and function like a silent search machine. In other words, an MXT Pro can be adjusted to operate like an M6. An M6 has no feature that cannot be duplicated by an MXT Pro.

An MXT Pro has many features not found on an M6 such as:
Display backlight ... a big feature if you do any night hunting.
Ability to lock the detector in all metal pinpoint mode.
Single button Ground Grab.
Audible Threshold so you can hear those deep whisper signals.
Two Relic search modes with different SAT speeds.
Prospecting search mode.

An M6 is truly an outstanding coin and jewelry hunting machine. However, in my opinion, it simply does not have the range of features and capabilities of the MXT Pro.

Like Tom said go with the M6......less money,just as capable in the dry sand and better than the mxt in the wet sand.I owned and compared both machines and in real world performance terms there is nothing to seperate either machine on inland sites. The mxt gives you a few more options for hunting style with its greater array of features but in performance terms they are the same.

Thanks so much for detailed information.
I feel comfortable now getting the m6. It
Sounds perfect for what im looking for.

Thank you!
Ken