Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT Pro---M6---IDX Pro

RELIC_HUNTER

I am not a fan of Multi-Tone, Multi-Frequency,Multi Programs or high kHz machines [ 15 ] and above. What machines I do own are from 1 kHz to 9 kHz, single tone with 10 turn Ground Balance. I own 2 White's models, IDX Pro and the Pro XL which I purchased new. I have been looking at the M6 because the machine can be operated in single tone by the switch and I kind of like the Auto-Ground Balance feature. My question is, just by reading literature and different post on this forum, I see no significant difference between the M6 or MXT Pro other then the asking price....

I have an M6 and MXT the performance is the same for both. I like the MXT 2 tone relic mode (mixed mode) with iron low tone and high tone based on disc setting. Have you seen the new Sierra Super Trac it looks like a supercharged M6.

Relic hunter,as far as performance goes their is no difference between the mxt and m6.The mxt just offers more features that enable users to tweak the machine to their particular needs.The M6 has performance,simplicity and great build quality......it is the unsung hero of metal detectors.

RELIC_HUNTER said:
I am not a fan of Multi-Tone, Multi-Frequency, Multi Programs or high kHz machines [ 15 ] and above.
A a rule, I am not either. The exceptions are that I DO like the XLT for 'cruising' purposes, and there are times employed the Tone ID. Currently, to take the XLT's place, I like the VX3 because it is simple to adjust, and I can turn on the multi-tone audio ID when I decide I want to. It is my current 'cruising' unit for some casual open park type hunting.

RELIC_HUNTER said:
What machines I do own are from 1 kHz to 9 kHz, single tone with 10 turn Ground Balance. I own 2 White's models, IDX Pro and the Pro XL which I purchased new.
Two excellent detectors! I have parted with a few of the 6000 Pro XL and XL Pro models I had and am angered with myself. :rant: I am still looking for a very clean specimen in perfect working condition.

RELIC_HUNTER said:
I have been looking at the M6 because the machine can be operated in single tone by the switch and I kind of like the Auto-Ground Balance feature.
The M6 is a great detector for the Coin Hunter or the Relic Hunter. It has all of the basic MXT functions, such as the automated Ground Balance (which is very quick and efficient), and ability to 'Lock' the GB setting. It also shares the same broad-range variable Discrimination adjustment with a true 'zero' Disc. setting. Additionally, they have the same quick-response and fast-recovery and Pin-Point capability, plus share all the same search coils.

RELIC_HUNTER said:
My question is, just by reading literature and different post on this forum, I see no significant difference between the M6 or MXT Pro other then the asking price....
There are the following differences between the M6 and MXT Pro:

Physical Package: The MXT Pro has the separate hand grip configuration, like the XLT and DFX and XL Pro, while the M6 uses the same 'S' rod and housing configuration as your IDX Pro.

Search Modes: The MXT Pro has a toggle selector to pick the Relic Mode or All Metal Prospecting mode, or the Coin & Jewelry mode. The M6 is the same as the Coin & Jewelry mode and lacks the other modes.

Audio Tone ID: The M6 has the 7-Tone audio option by flipping the trigger toggle to the forward position. The MXT Pro incorporates the M6's 7-Tone ID, but you have to press a touch-pad (on the left) to have Tone ID or a single audio response. This as selects the Tone options for the other two modes.

Threshold Audio: The MXT Pro has a variable control knob to set a proper slight audio Threshold hum, but the M6 lacks that feature as it is set internally at just barely silent.

Other Features: In addition, the MXT Pro has a Ground Grab touch-pad so you can simply press this to quickly update the Ground Balance and keep the toggle selector in the center 'Lock' setting. Also, the MXT Pro has a touch-pad to turn on a Back-light in the display. You have four settings: Off, Low, Medium, and High or Bright. A Third difference is that the MXT Pro has the All Metal mode, and you can flip the trigger toggle foreword and lock it in the Threshold-based All Metal function.

For some, the added features in the $150 extra price (with the 950 coil) are worth the cost, but I would guess that for most, the M6 would be the more efficient choice. Then, with the $150 difference saved, they could by an additional search coil (such as the 5,3 Eclipse, my #1 use coil).

Monte