Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT PRO Multitone trick

akille68

I donno if this trick has been discovered by someone else on this forum.
I found that if I put my MXT mode on Coin/Jew and multitone on and then I change mode in relic, it has still multitone on but a more silent threshold, caused by slower SATof relic mode. But if I now press tone mode button in relic mode it resets and gets usual relic mode tone configuration.
So you can get a multitone in relic mode too.
It is just mine machine or it is a common feature?
Let me know.
All the best.
Aki

Dont know but Im going out hunting this morning and I will find out.

Yes, but You have to leave alone the three buttons on display, because if You try to gruond grab or light display on, it resets and you will have on two tone in relic mode.
So just:
1) Turn machine on;
2) Select Coin and Jew mode, with tone ID ON;
3) Change to Relic and You will have the deeper mode in multitone. It will stay in this mode till you will touch each of the three buttons on display.

IF You need ground balance, leave AUTOTRAK ON it will not have any influence on this trick.

Let me know.

Take r.

Aki

Nope We're all out Detecting:twodetecting::clapping::bouncy:

I had confirmation by Carl@ White's that this was a bug that they decided to not fix and now is a nice hidden feature of our MXT PROs.
THIS will be called AKILLE MODE...:clapping: :rofl:

I discovered this Tone ID in Relic mode "hidden feature" a while back. Combining Tone ID with the quieter threshold in Relic mode does make a more peaceful hunt ... I like it.

By the way, the tone ID also works in Prospect mode. Have not tried it in a park hunt yet. I have never done any nugget hunting so have no idea if the tone ID would benefit a prospector.

Hunt4Fun said:
I discovered this Tone ID in Relic mode "hidden feature" a while back. Combining Tone ID with the quieter threshold in Relic mode does make a more peaceful hunt ... I like it.

By the way, the tone ID also works in Prospect mode. Have not tried it in a park hunt yet. I have never done any nugget hunting so have no idea if the tone ID would benefit a prospector.

When I say hidden feature I mean something that has no mention on user manual.

...and this is not the only trick that works on our MXT PRO...try to get back from relic to Coin & Jew...:crazy:

Hope next time you will share your experience with this community...

I thought I just did!

I dry sand hunt with my DFX in Prospecting mode ( which switches it to single, 14.7 Khz freq) and have found very small gold jewlery items. I can turn Tone ID on too.

So now I am wondering, based on the increased gain and the true 14.7 kHz single freq of the MXT, how good a dry sand beach hunter it can be.

Bear in mind, I find LOTS of small foil and other small, low conductive targets in this mode, but it is a very effective mode to use if you are looking for small gold.

Never had an MXT, but the MXT Pro with Tone ID sounds very tempting...especially since I have a DFX with all the coils that can then be used on the MXT.

JC

Hi therover,

The M6, MXT and MXT Pro work great on dry sand. And, they hit hard on low end and small targets. Wet saltwater sand causes a need to switch the TRAC to Salt mode, do another ground balance and possibly lower Gain a touch to stabilize. Set with a reasonable Gain an MXT and MXT Pro can handle saltwater very well.

Setup as directed in the Owner

I tried a standard MXT before at the beach here in NJ. Dry sand not a problem...wet sand, was a tad unstable and since I have many other units for that application, I just used it in the dry sand. I did like the fact that it has only a few knobs to adjust and tune the unit. It worked very well in the dry sand and found some deep nickels.

Now that the Pro has tone iD,that is a big plus and makes it a unit I will possibly get in the future. I know the DFX in prospecting mode, with the 5.3 inch concentric coil, makes for a great small gold sniffer as well as a great set up in trash, so I would imagine the MXT Pro with that same set up is hot.