Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT PRO PROSPECTING MODE

iron bark

Hi has anyone used a MXT OR MXT PRO in prospecting mode ,how would you rate it do you think it can do the job thanks john

iron bark said:
Hi has anyone used a MXT OR MXT PRO in prospecting mode ,how would you rate it do you think it can do the job
John, there have been two versions of the MXT series. The 'original' MXT which was sold with a 950 search coil, also sold as the MXT 300 which was the same detector but came with a 12" [size=small](300 mm)[/size] search coil. Then we got the MXT Pro revision with a number of changes and enhancements. It sold with the 12" coil at $899.95 or the 950 coil for $849.95, and now we have the MXT All-Pro. It is exactly the same as the MXT Pro except for an 'All' added to the side decal, and a 10" D2 DD coil on the $899.95 price or still the 950 for the $849.95 retail price.

I got an original MXT shortly after they were first introduced, later going to the MXT Pro as soon as it came out. Today, my MXT All-Pro is still my #1 all-purpose detector. The bulk of my hunting is in one of the Discriminate mode, usually 'Relic' mode using the 2-Tone audio. Also often hunting at Zero Disc. which is All Metal Accept. I do use the All Petal Prospecting mode when called for, many times that was for gold nugget hunting. Which brings about the question: "When you ask about using the Prospecting mode are you asking about ANY detecting use, or more specifically when searching for gold nuggets?"

Due to health limitations I can't handle the effort and terrain to nugget hunt like I used to be able to do, but the MXT worked for me then, and my MXT Pro and MXT All-Pro have worked and could continue to perform well today, tomorrow, or into the future. There are still a few places I can drive into where I can tinker around for a few left-over pickers and small nuggets, and I have done just fine using the MXT/MXT All-Pro in both the Threshold-based All Metal Prospecting mode, and at times I've relied on the Relic Discriminate mode where I hunt at Zero Disc. in some challenging ground conditions.

I have owned and/or used most of the gold nugget hunting models that have come along for thirty-five years or so, and the MXT Pro/MXT All-Pro provides ample performance and versatility in typical mineralized gold nugget country. It also does just fine when hunting coin and jewelry items, and I've been well rewarded at recovering gold jewelry with the MXT All-Pro and a few other models I keep in my arsenal.

If you have an specific questions, you're welcome to shoot me an e-mail monte@stinkwaterwells.com or post here on the forum.

Monte

Thanks very much for your reply Monte it was most helpful. The MXT PRO are $1045 and the MXT ALL PRO are over $1300 in Australia, after doing some research and getting first hand advice from you I am going to look for a MXT PRO I can add other coils to it at a latter date .I think a second hand one will be the way to go ,once again thank you regards john

Just got mxt pro today am going to get a 6x10 eclipse coil next week then start to learn it .As I live In the gold fields i will be using it in the prospecting mode hopping to find some gold regards john:ausflag: