Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT Pro

Horsesoldier

Its too hot to go digging but from what I've seen air testing in the back yard the Pro in relic mode with iron id on is gonna be smoking hot! Especially with the 6x9 DD. Although the threshold is a little wobbly the target separation is incredible. Can't wait to hit one of my iron infested antebellum homesites. Thanks White's Electronics!

Come on, get out there & try that Pro so you can let us all know how it works. I understand the heat, I was at 9000 ft elevation today & it was still 89 degrees.

I used the 6X9DD and the 5.3" loop in a heavy trashed and iron infested area and found that the 5.3" worked great for target separation with the MXT Pro. With the addition of the new tone IDs and the right swing speed, I was easily able to pick out multiple targets (clad & trash) that were basically right next to each other with very little practice. The Pro is a winner in my opinion ! CCH

Cajuncoinhunter said:
I used the 6X9DD and the 5.3" loop in a heavy trashed and iron infested area and found that the 5.3" worked great for target separation with the MXT Pro. With the addition of the new tone IDs and the right swing speed, I was easily able to pick out multiple targets (clad & trash) that were basically right next to each other with very little practice. The Pro is a winner in my opinion ! CCH
Now THAT'S some news I can use. Thanks Cajun. Horsesoldier, let us know how your plan works out.
HH
Scott

I used the 5.3 Eclipse most of the time on my former MXT's, on the MXT prototype I used last fall (the new release is better!), and opted to mount my 5.3 Eclipse on a fresh release MXT Pro to check it out. I still feel it's the best coil option from White's for most hunting needs.

Monte

Hi Monte, Hope you are feeling better. ? Do you see much lost depth from the 5.3 coil and the 6x10? I know everyone said that what ever the largest inch on coil, it will go that deep. Like the 6x10 will go 10" and the 5.3 or 6" coil will go 6", but i don,t believe it all the time. I have some finds at 7" to 7.5" with the 5.3. I know that it depends on your ground, but if you feel like it, I would like your feelings on this. Thanks Dean and God bless

Flintstone,

Good question above. I have used both coils over the exact same dirt with my MXT - Pro and in my opinion, their is some difference between the depth achieved between the two. I know that they are each marketed for their 'niche', however I feel that you do lose some depth with the 5.3" loop when compared to the 6x10DD. The depths you describe in the above post are very accurate based on my clad finds.

CCH.

Search coil discussions, selection, and personal biases always seem to bring out the questions. :) I trust my reply is helpful.

Flintstone said:
Hi Monte, Hope you are feeling better.
Slow but sure I am getting there. While I'm mobile more than I was, I'm still putting up with 4 broken ribs on the right side and some adjacent contusions. Those are some of the least of my concerns right now. I did see the neurosurgeon this morning and then had 6 X-Rays of my neck and skull. As of earlier, I am able to remove the neck brace, after over 4 weeks, but I have to be cautious. If my head starts to hurt or neck weaken, go back to the brace form another week or so. My primary issue right now is the hearing loss. My left ear was less useful than my right hear which produce the best audio for me. Using SunRay pro Gold or Killer B Wasp headphones, however, my left ear is just a little reduced from the audio strength I was used to, but my right ear is almost totally deaf. not quite, but close. :( I have an appointment to see an ear surgeon on August 19th and can only hope that by then I'll see some improvement. I got out to do a little detecting for about 15 minutes a little while ago, but the headphones caused a bit too much pressure on my head, especially around my right ear, and things just didn't sound so exciting. It will take a while.

Flintstone said:
? Do you see much lost depth from the 5.3 coil and the 6x10?
Honestly, no, I don't. As a matter of fact, having owned and used both coils mentioned, I remain very partial to the 6

Scott

Get well soon Monte, you have helped me alot in the past. My aunt very sadly died in May at 95 with about 5 broken ribs from a seatbelt in a car accident. She may have lived another 5 or more years if that had not happened. So do not underestimate broken ribs and take extra care of yourself. Also maybe take a very weak mixture of whisky and water(1.5 oz Whisky to 14.5 oz of water very carefully measured, you can up it to 2 oz to 14 oz if needed) for the pain taken any time of day, is what I use. Coughing, sneezing, sitting up is a pain. Suspend a water skiing(handle) rope from your ceiling on a hook screwed into a roof rafter, over the sofa-couch and/or bed. To pull yourself up much better with less pain.

On the other end of the coil size scale, the opposite of the 5.3 Eclipse. Of interest, I will add a letter from Whites.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2010 11:26 AM
To: sales@whiteselectronics.com
Subject: Blue Max

Hello Whites,

1) Can you please tell me if this Blue Max 15" is a Mono, Concentric, or DD coil ??

Blue Max 15" (Maxima 1500) coil is for the XLT, 6000XL, QXT, IDX, ID, CL III, and 5900 metal detectors I know. # 801-3201

2) But is this coil available for the MXT or not ?? Any plans to do so or not ?

Thank you!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 11:20 AM
Subject: RE: Blue Max

Thank you for e-mailing us at Whites Electronics

The blue max 15" coil is a mono coil. There no plans to make one for the MXT at this time.

Sincerely

Todd

A Mono coil has one round outside winding where a Concentric coil has 2 windings, one inside the other, correct me if I am wrong. That new stock 12" Concentric coil should cover most all the large coil bases. If not there is the Whites 14x8" and the large SEF butterfly coils like the 15x12" and 18x15" DD's from Kellyco.

David said:
Get well soon Monte, you have helped me alot in the past. My aunt very sadly died in May at 95 with about 5 broken ribs from a seatbelt in a car accident. She may have lived another 5 or more years if that had not happened. So do not underestimate broken ribs and take extra care of yourself.

Trust me, I am not underestimating anything wrong right now ... especially the hearing loss with my right ear. The better one (before the fall, that is). Sorry to hear about your Aunt and yes, trauma can be tough to deal with.

For now, I am getting by w/o a need for anything to pull me up. Coughing and sneezing, yes, that's a pain, but I'm making progress. On Thursday the neurologist let me take 6 x-rays of my neck and has okayed me taking off the neck brace for now. As long as there are now issues with movement and/or pain. I took advantage, briefly, of that opportunity yesterday to sneak down to an old town I used to be a Chief of Police in and visit some old friends and do a little detecting. Not what I had hoped to achieve, only getting in about 12 minutes, but they had exposed some more old dirt mound by the city park I just had to hunt. It's produced Barber 10