Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT Setting?

WyDiablo

I have been trying different settings with my mxt. I usually run the machine with these settings: Gain= Initial setting, Dual control= "P"
preset setting and the threshold just barely hearing a sound I'm in the relic mode with these settings. Just wondering if I was getting the most out of my machine or do I need to rethink and reset.

Thanks
WyDiablo

Coil - 6x10 Eclipse DD.
Gain - as high as I can while still stable.
Dual Control (Disc) - 2 or just a tad lower.
Trigger - center position.
Mode Switch - relic.
Ground Balance - lock.
Threshold - just barely audible, or just below (silent).

I guess it depends on what you're hunting for, and where. I've found the above settings work best for me, in my conditions, for what I'm hunting for (relics).

Hope this is helpful.

Good hunting,
OldeTymer

I pretty much run mine the same as Oldetymer. I like the smooth threshold in relic, trigger in the center position. You definitely will go deeper if you can run in the + gain. With DD coils I have no trouble running + settings my soil usually runs in the 60's.

I run the disc at 1.9 to 2. Get a rusty nail and use it to set your disc. Most of the MXT's will disc it out between 1.9 to 2.2 each machine is different. Rob