Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT Tone Operation Question

RBnGA

I'm seriously considering purchasing a MXT. Primary use will be for civil war relic hunting in fairly mineralized soil (N. Ga.). Now for my question: Knowing that each site/soil/object conditions are different roughly on average what depth does the ferrous vs. non-ferrous tone id capability end?
Thanks.
HH

Like you said alot depends on your soil. I assume your asking at what depth does the tone for an object stop? In order to get a VID you have to have a tone. In relic mode the low-iron or the high-good tone. I can account for my soil that can range from average to moderate soil. The identifying tone tends to disapate at abt the 8-9 inch depth. running a little over the preset sens. now thats the audible tone. I have dug bullets and larger flat buttons in the 10-12 range by digging the change in the threashold. the threshold will rise slightly over a deeper target indicating somthing there but it just cannot lock on it. I look at it that if it's that deep its worth the dig.

but in the ground where I generally hunt it wasn't reliable much beyond 4" or so.

Monte