Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT vs CZ-5

Frank L

Being a coinshooter of many years experience, I would like an honest comparison of the MXT vs the Fisher CZ-5. I have owned both, along with many others, and have always felt the White's unit were solid, well-constructed but lacked the depth of the Fisher arsenal. Any thoughts, comparisons, etc.? Frank L/TX

I think that's the general consensus. Whites have great quality, but are not the deepest on the market. Excluding the TDI. I've owned an MXT good depth but had a Troy Shadow that was deeper. just from what i ve read: the Fisher 70/75, e trac, explorer series would be deeper. More expensive units, target seperation would be equally important. You might search Rick ND or streak on the forums for some info. Good luck HH

The MXT and the CZ 5, CZ 3D and the CZ 70, also have the ID Edge and can not see giving them up, I do not care about digging anything deeper that what they will go.
It depends on where you hunt, but where I hunt our coins are not real deep.If you are in a state that has deep coins, like FL. then you might want a super deep unit.
What ever unit you get, you need to learn it...I can show you a old CZ 6a that has been used for a lot of years, I want to see some of these new units that have been used for over 10 years. The MXT and old Fishers were built like a tank...2 guys that I hunt with use the 1260x and 1265x Fisher and the guy that uses the 1260 also uses a old A.H.Pro back packer that was made in the 70's.
I will take a well built unit over a light cheap made unit...
HH...BJ

Thanks, guys-I have both and use both but am eternally curious. I only have 40+ years experience but maybe someday I'll get the hang of it--LOL-Frank L