Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mxt

I had my MXT Pro with the 8x6 SEF DD coil in the wet, salt sand here in NJ with no issues. You do have to ground balance in salt mode and then lock in, and run with the discrimination at foil along with the gain adjusted for stability. Ran it in coin mode, tone ID.

It ran fine and picked up some nickels in the 10 inch range along with some deeper pull tabs.

Not sure how it would run with the 9.5 concentric or the 10 inch DD, but that SEF coil did surprise me. Especially in the wet sand.

In the dry sand, it's a killer unit and has found 10+ inch merc dimes (solid hits) with that coil on it.

SANMAN,

You have been asking around on all the different forums about different units or detectors for beach use but I have not seen you say what type of beach hunting you will be doing?? Again no matter what brand you choose you need to figure out weather you want water proof or not. Are you going to be hunting on fresh water or salt water beaches. On fresh water or fresh water beach's or dry sand salt water beach sand a single frequency unit with a good manual or auto ground balance will get the job done just fine. If you plan on hunting whet Salt water beaches or the salt water shore line or in the salt water surf you will need a duel or multiple frequency unit such as the Fisher CZ-21 or a Minelab Excal both water proof (there are also others) Also for whet salt water sand and in the surf a good PI detector will do a great job and get it done ( down side no discrimination you dig everything but the salt does not affect them ) Tesoro, Garrett, Whites, and others make these units.

The MXT will do fine on clean sand fresh water or the dry sand at salt water beach's it will not do as well in whet Salt water sand beach's,it's a single frequency unit. It does have a very good auto ground balance system designed for mineralized ground conditions but salt water can still cause issues with it's performance.

For fresh and clean salt sand single, duel or multi frequency with good ground balance capabilities.. For whet salt water beaches a duel frequency or multi with good ground capabilities or a PI detector. You pick the brand and what you can afford.

As far as setting go every beach is different and the areas on the beach can change no one setting works so if someone gives you a setting it may not be right for your beach or the place or ground your hunting. You set the detector for the daily hunt environment and the ground you are hunting at the time the manual of the detector will tell you the proper way to do this.

Happy Hunting, :detecting:
Bill G

Thanks for the info. I packed up a PI Detector for the beach from what I read you just dig everthing