Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My 1st Caped Bust half Dime-Pic/video

NiagracountyNY

I took a buddy I met on the TQ forum about a month ago to a site along the Erie Barge Canal.This house goes back to very early 1800.It borders the canal and a Local Railway Line.The yard has maybe 3 or 4 acres and there are prob 30 acres of corn field surrounding the property.I hunted here a few times in the past alone and found a couple large cents and a fish scale,canadian half dime.Also a few other wheaties and modern silvers.Today I had a decent signal on the Deus after digging several cool items earlier in the hunt.I will be honest I do not rember the numbers,I was just digging anything not Iron.When I flipped the lid back and dug down about 5 inches I found what I really thought was a small Button.I called bill over too show him my BUTTON and i noticed no shank and some writing on both sides.Wow what a rush when I realized this tiny little thing was a US coin.Here is a link to the Video and the dig. Someone did put some holes in the Half dime for a necklace it looks like.I also found a few other Relics that are in the Video(Buckles/Lipstick tube/Button).Bill Found 3 first! A Flat button,A silver Quarter,and a Large Cent.That just made the day perfect.Seeing the look on his face finding stuff he's never found was the best.The Video is short.Thanks for checking out the Hunt. HH Jim T https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UbbqoX2YNA&list=UUdYWV7eq_4vB3y_JZm2zBnQ

Sweet hunt for sure very nice

Nice video and finds!

What a great location, looks beautiful! I could spen many a night in my backyard smoking a cigar, going over all the days finds......Ah to dream.

Is that where you live?

Jim

Anything Capped is surely on my list - I know it exists around here but you guys have about 200 years' worth more of history than here! What a beauty!

Western Ny deff has some history.The canal is what made this area grow at the rate it did.Jim I live just around the corner from here.My Parents place is just down the canal,21 acres with 10 acres being canal Bank.I still make an Occasional find on our property.Growing up in the town has opened alot of doors for me.That fella's yard is beautiful .Im looking forward to the corn coming down.I believe the place was hand farmed,there should be some goodies in there.30 acres atleast. HH everyone! Jim T

Nice going! This fellow western New Yorker is very happy for you. It gives me hope I can get a bust anything. I have heard that the canal is the place to detect. I guess I'll have to do my homework and find me a spot like yours.

Which area are you in Martygene?In my reading I see more towards the buffalo /Tonawanada area there are some old canal beds they no longer use.There were several sets of wooden dams in the area also when the canal was dug.Im thinking if one could locate those areas,there would be some relics.Shoot me a message sometime,maybe we can locate some neat area's.