Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My 1st ever silver........

Today I detected a old home but got chased away by mosquitoes this evening. Asked if I could return tomorrow and was told, sure.
Totals were 11 wheat's 1923 to 1953. A catholic pendent, 1963-D dime and my 1st ever Standing liberty quarter, 1927.
Its a corner city lot and I still have the back to do. Looking forward to seeing whats left.
Greg in Michigan

Great hunt. I like finding those SLQ's Nice designed coin.

steve in so az said:
we dont see many st lib quarters on the net. Good luck on the return, Steve In so la
22 years of detecting to find one of these. I was very thankful for it has a date. Most are smooth due to the date being a high point. I'd still be happy if it didnt have a date though.

Nice finds there may be more silver there with all those wheats I just found 61 wheats in a field that also gave up 8 silvers two washingtons 5 silver dimes and a walker and a buffalo.

You were right, there was more silver there. And there still may be.
He he he.
Went back and found a silver Roosevelt.
This yard was about 3 hours from home and wife and I were on vacation.
Greg in Michigan

Greg in Michigan said:
You were right, there was more silver there. And there still may be.
He he he.
Went back and found a silver Roosevelt.
This yard was about 3 hours from home and wife and I were on vacation.
Greg in Michigan
Nice I just found two SLQ's one a 1917 looked like it was dropped the day it was minted! and also found a bucket lister a 1903 O barber half in a school yard last month the SLQ is beautiful!

Fantastic!!!
Any chance for a picture?
I've found coins way older then my slq but for some reason I couldn't seem to find one. 22 years detecting ( if I remember correctly ) to find my 1st.
Greg in Michigan

Missouri--Ma Betty said:
Congrats Mkus--Silver coins are (were for me) so nice to find & always made a good day of hunting even better! :thumbup: Ma
Here you go theses are a couple separate hunts the two SLQ’s and 1903 On barber half were all found in the same spot!!
I’ve found about 8 SLQ’s so far this year 5 silver halves to and my favorite a beautiful 1776 2 Reale.
HH
Mark

Congrats Mkus! You must have found places that haven't been detected or not very much I would think--They were more plentiful to find in the 80's & 90's but after that the metal detecting in most parks, yards & etc got more detected & thus coins became more scarce as detectors became more efficient in going deeper & with iron nulled out by discrimination, but of course, also the rings & better goodies weren't found as easily without digging more or all the beeps! The older & more sickly & tired I would get, the discrimination went up--but still had fun & found lots of silver & clad coins! Keep mum your good places to hunt or they will be hunted out pretty quickly! God Bless & Keep finding the goodies! Ma

Mkus said:
Missouri--Ma Betty said:
Congrats Mkus--Silver coins are (were for me) so nice to find & always made a good day of hunting even better! :thumbup: Ma
Here you go theses are a couple separate hunts the two SLQ’s and 1903 On barber half were all found in the same spot!!
I’ve found about 8 SLQ’s so far this year 5 silver halves to and my favorite a beautiful 1776 2 Reale.
HH
Mark
You found a great unhunted site and found the gold, or should I say silver