Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My 1st gold ring... scored with the Silver uMax

brianincnb

Got a 5hr leave pass on July 9th, and had the chance to go out 1st thing
in the morning to a local park. Got to the park at 8:30am and it was just on
0deg. Took the Tesoro + cleansweep out, and set the Tesoro on "tabs" + sensitivity 7.5, and away I went,
I was on a mission to hunt coins!

Dug about 50 bottle tops for the outing, and lots of shredded can.
Scored old bits, $24.50 in spendables, 2 rings: 1 silver 925,
1 gold 750 stamp, engraved 24.06.04,a $2 coin fits snugly inside it.
Didn't except to get this on the "tabs" discrimination setting.
A silver pendant, 925 scuba tank - pity its been hit by the mower. US 1c,
and what I original thought was a penny but is a "Sunshine Plantation, Queensland
Australia Adult" token from the Big Pineapple, QLD. A place I visited often as a kid.
Also found two magnets, which set the Tesoro off. And a few 1c/2c, which I am always very fond of :)

Caught up with mate, who weighed the gold ring for me: 14.72g!

Nice gold ring and a chunky one too, probably explains why it was detected at tab setting:thumbup:

Good grief! That's a $445 gold ring at today's melt value. :thumbup:

The Tesoro Silver

That's about as big as they come! :surprised: Awesome find there, and an over all solid hunt based upon the pic..good job!:clapping:
Mud

mudpuppy said:
That's about as big as they come! :surprised: Awesome find there, and an over all solid hunt based upon the pic..good job!:clapping:
Mud

Yeah, it's so big that it could double as a napkin ring.:)

tabman

Man that is a nice haul! The Silver uMax is one sleeper of a machine! It is currently my primary land detector and it's abilities never cease to amaze me. Everytime I use it I wonder why people spend 1000+ on detectors. When all is said and done the Silver uMax will get it done everytime as long as target is within it's depth range.

Great treasures, so did you find the gold with the settings you mention above? How deep approximately?Did you find it near basketball courts, open field, soccerfield? I just like to know the details :) Thanks

hi deliveryboy, the Tesoro umax was on "tabs" + sensitivity 7.5, 2" deep, and on the side of a local sports ground
deliveryboy said:
Great treasures, so did you find the gold with the settings you mention above? How deep approximately?Did you find it near basketball courts, open field, soccerfield? I just like to know the details :) Thanks

@brianincnb TY for the info, again great finds :)

O my word that is nice

That is one big ring.. with todays prices, melt value is $456!!!
That detector did a fine job for you on this hunt!!!

I enjoyed reading your post. I guess you're in the service too, back in the '70's I had an old White's coinmaster on a base in Hawaii. I found some of the best stuff I've ever found! Also I found my first gold ring a few months ago, that felt great! and the fact you're not afraid to dig up trash, I can tell you're gonna be successful! The best of luck to ya!

n/t