Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My 2 Cents

buckeeeee

I've been using the Deus 2 for about 3 months. Before buying it I thought $1600, what about the learning curb, all I heard was its not your average detector you must take lots of time to learn it to operate it correctly. I really was intimidated by price and skill level. I have been detecting for about 7 years now. Being retired now for 2 years has allowed me to go detecting when I want to. I only beach hunt and my area in California has lots of beaches to hunt. I received my Deus 2 and with the help of YouTube videos I have learned and have found that the detector is so easy to operate, with all the preset programs their is very little tweaking needed. Just learn to navigate the menu and you are good to go. For me now the weight of the detector is worth the price, I hunt now daily for 4 to 6 hours and my finds are off the charts. With this machine I have so much more confidence I am not missing anything, I have dug lots of junk too, but that's a big part of the game. I have other detector (see pics, Nox 600, Legend, Simplex, Kruzer, Racer2, Gold Bug), but for now all I use is the Deus 2. Don't get me wrong all those detectors are great detectors, but the Dues 2 gives me the most confidence when detecting, In my opinion.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 74
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 72
Glad to hear you are getting along with your D2 Buckeeeee. Yeah I heard about how hard the Deus was to learn when I got the D1. It really wasn't. I found it very intuitive. D2 came easy too but of course I'm still learning it's ins and outs. It's ergonimics are unmatched. The older you get, the more that matters ! Happy hunting.

I do not like the factory set discrimination to me its way to high and I don't use full tones as it seems you will miss masked targets.
My own observations. I've always played around with the settings it's definitely a nice machine.
Mark

Had the Deaus 2 close to two months.
Just dirt hunting right now.
I think it’s fantastic for what I do.
Deep. Fast. Great iD .
I use a modified park program that works really well for me. 5 tones. Zero disc.
I patterned it after what I saw on the mental metal site.
I haven’t run as many detectors as others here but for me it out performes my Nox 800 and my old Whites V3 I.
I actually sold the Nox and my Deaus 1 is my back up.
Interesting to see when/if it will be beat.

yup

Glad to hear you are getting along with your D2 Buckeeeee. Yeah I heard about how hard the Deus was to learn when I got the D1. It really wasn't. I found it very intuitive. D2 came easy too but of course I'm still learning it's ins and outs. It's ergonimics are unmatched. The older you get, the more that matters ! Happy hunting.
In addition to the weight of the detector I went all out and bought the titanium scoop with carbon fiber handle from CKG, wow what a game changer also. You have to pick it up and hold it to believe how light it is. Now, I'm a digging fool and I can go all day without any arm fatigue what so ever.

My brain always wants to know things that most people would consider a waste of time so here goes. What does Deus mean? I guess what I'm saying is why the name Deus? i think in Latin it means God. Any thoughts? Yeah, I know it's a slow morning.

My brain always wants to know things that most people would consider a waste of time so here goes. What does Deus mean? I guess what I'm saying is why the name Deus? i think in Latin it means God. Any thoughts? Yeah, I know it's a slow morning.

Divine -