Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My 2014 Total Ring Finds out of the water

jccast11

This year has been a Phenomenal year for me because I normally don't do this well. The ONLY reason I found this many rings is because I stumbled upon an ancient swimming area that had never been detected because I also pulled over $360 in clad out of there.The top row is all 14K , the middle row is 10K, bottom is silver

WOW. That is one nice pile of treasure. You found a real honey hole. Congratulations.

Yes i would call that a very very good year...one thing i notice is quite the lack of stones in the gold...what era do you figure most of these were lost? Were there alot of silver coins in same area? One can only dream of a spot like that..congrats

I Am impressed :jump:We need to look for some old closed down swimming holes.I can think of a couple not to far from me.May they have nice new property owners.HH

Whaaaa? :drool::yikes::puke:

Truly Phenomenal!:clapping: I'm thinking theres 3 gold chains in there and at least one silver one from the medallions with the bales still attached...That is so cool that you found that place! It must have been a blast getting all that gold and a huge clad amount as well...was it super trashy? It must have been...bottlecaps, snaps and buttons and all that? What machine did you use?
Mud

bootyhoundpa said:
Yes i would call that a very very good year...one thing i notice is quite the lack of stones in the gold...what era do you figure most of these were lost? Were there alot of silver coins in same area? One can only dream of a spot like that..congrats

This area is not a particularly old beach....there were no silver coins found. Most of the gold was European gold (a lot of .417). You're right not many stoned rings, in fact most were rather thin gold. I'm suspecting a lot of foreign people frequented this place.

mudpuppy said:
Whaaaa? :drool::yikes::puke:

Truly Phenomenal!:clapping: I'm thinking theres 3 gold chains in there and at least one silver one from the medallions with the bales still attached...That is so cool that you found that place! It must have been a blast getting all that gold and a huge clad amount as well...was it super trashy? It must have been...bottlecaps, snaps and buttons and all that? What machine did you use?
Mud

You may be right, there may be chains still there. I was using the Excal ,and I have heard they don't do well on gold chains.In fact I have never found a gold chain.....ever, maybe there is something to that.

Yeah...all my pals and a lot of experienced guys here that swing 'Labs' say the same thing about gold chains...might want to wade back in there with a AtPro...good posts about them from 'lab' swingers on their weapon of choice for gold chains...I've gotten a few gold chains with mine..that much gold, and medallions...An AtPro or similar may open that place back up for you..:thumbup:.
Mud

I use the Excal at the beaches and have only found one gold chain with it.. The chain had a nice pendant on it. Having heard that the Excal was weak on thin gold chains I took the pendant off the chain and tried the Excal on just the chain. The 25 inch chain did not make the Excal say a word. I tried the chain all balled up like it was when I found it and still nothing from the Excal. It did not matter what I did the Excal would not see the chain.;

Now this chain a 'Lab easily hits...I had a few of my buds that run them try it out, they said they'd dig that signal for sure,.....'course it is 75gr of 24k...sounded like a pair of pulltabs exactly...
Mud

Fantastic! :clapping:You killed it :surprised:! Big CONGRATS!!! Those are my all time favorite places to detect. My gold count is down from last year. I currently have 3 spots I've mined recently with one of them that is not drained, just slightly lowered that was full of silver coins and old jewelry. I still have together the grouping of the first 100 plus silvers from when I initally hit it 20 years ago. Another one undergoing dam work was drained so long since last year that it grew into a meadow by June , so thick we couldn't hunt it anymore. That had an old (long gone) cafe well known for brawls and drunk swimmers, also had a summer resort at one end as well. The third one is drained for dam restoration, been hunting that new since Oct. and found an area that was used for swimming long ago but probably has seen a few detectors because it's has been lowered a number of times and the pattern of finds support that. Still pulled 3 walkers, silvers and some gold rings by venturing way out in the muck. It just not as populated as the first two and we are still looking for another hotspot.
HH - Bruce