Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

my 2nd hammered silver coin with the f75

hoarder

just spent 3 hours on my favourite field that has rape stubble in it,why do they grow this stuff !!!

if you have not detected in rape stubble then just imagine trying to detect through your garden hedge.

you cannot swing as normal you just have to walk with your coil snaking in and around the stems that in places were up past my thighs and the 11x7 coil on the f75 is not the best for this kind of detecting,but it paid off for me.

16 good signals and one of them is a hammered although not in the best condition elizabeth 1st half groat

well it is now official i am in love with my f75 and if it was stubble in that field i would have found loads more stuff.

double click the images to enlarge

We don't get 'em that old here :) But we do hunt around cut corn stalks so I know what you mean there:ranting:

bill,

cornfield stalks are fine 6-8 inches,no problem at all.

rape field stalks are 24-30 inches and sharp as hell.

but i just could not wait until they chop them all up as this field always has nice stuff for me to find.

what you need to do is get on a plane mid august to september time as that is when the big rallies(hunts)occur then you will be able to find some real old coins.

but at the end of the day the most important thing is to enjoy your hunting,the finds are just a bonus really.

our club went to a one day hunt yesterday and most of us found nothing.

we still had a great day out doing what we love best detecting.

As long as they were on decent fields & the "natural finds" ones....
Been to the Coldchester things already....all set with that deal. Even gut myself banned from that "tour":laugh::ban:

]Just spent 3 hours on my favourite field that has rape stubble in it said:
That I can tell you. To make canola oil from the seed and fodder from the plants. :bouncy:

Good job hammering the hammereds.

looks like they done you a favour by banning you bill ?

we are not allowed on these rallies,only tourists ,so what does that tell you ?

the best idea is to get yourself over here on a plane and attend all the decent rallies over a 4 week period

so that is friday/saturday/sunday over 4 weekends and the rest of the time get local uk detecorists to help you detect their fields.

i live right down the south west near cornish border but all the best rallies are in the south east / norfolk / suffolk / essex direction simply because of all the activity in these regions in the past ie:

viking / saxon / roman / plus all the medieval stuff

also camping is a good and cheap way to sleep although if there were say 4 of you you might be better to hire a motor home for the 4 weeks and that way you will have a nice bit of home comforts/shower etc

most of the decent rallies are advertised around april/may time so it is always best to join the uk detecting forums to get plenty of notice to get your tickets as they sell pretty damm quick.

checkout these 3 good forums:

detectorist.co.uk http://www.detectorist.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php?sid=1562fe09010b9eba26f664296a18bde5

or rogers-relics http://rogers-relics-uk.com/index.php

or ukdetectornet http://www.forumukdetectornet.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php?sid=961854ac896cafa9bd1124511b5ab17b

all the rallies get posted on one or all these forums

or just join for the crack and to drool over the finds from all over the uk

I`m ALWAYS amused at how the Trips over here in the UK "Especially" for our "American Cousins only" ,are SO PRODUCTIVE in lucrative finds .
Apparently they are taken to "The gold fields". :rofl:
I mean come on guys , We go out detecting over here and IF, were very Very, lucky we `may` possibly` hit a gold coin. but to be honest its a big IF, and they don`t come up regularly.
Yet!! these trips ESPECIALLY for the American guys just about always appear to produce a few "gold" coins for the American visitors to `find` . And isn`t it weird how those hammered they find are usually nice and shiney !!(when they should come out blackish grey).
Yeah Right !!! This shouldn`t take too much working out now Should it ?????? Fools and thier money are soon parted so to speak !!!It is a pity though that they allow themselves to go along with it.

what ever do you mean by these statements jeb ?

you are not implying some wrong doing is going on surely?

i have been detecting for 20 years now and i have never found a gold coin so i must find out where these gold fields are situated lol

I forgot to mention in my last post . If its of any interest to the Subject. I have been detecting thirty years. And in all that time on land i have never ever found a gold coin.
I have found one small Gold ring with a Mexican gold coin in the clasp, on the Beach in the shingle and that`s it ! And its not for the want of looking damn hard for them either.

This coin was found when i was detecting with one of my American friends this year, it's an Edward the 3rd quarter noble.
It took me 7 years to find my first gold hammered coin and another 7 years to find this coin.