Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My 2nd hunt with the Deus was awesome!

Schultzie

I bought this unit from Meditech1 who was having trouble using it in his soil. I did a restore of the factory programs and decided to start slow and use Basic 1. After my first hunt (which was only 45 minutes and yielded two Rosies), I decided to change the tones a bit to suit my liking. That is all I have changed so far... I even hunt with the factory ground balance of 90.

Anyway, I was amazed at the results of my 2nd outing with this unit. Out of the first 8 coins I dug, seven were silver and not a single piece of trash. I started second guessing myself being new to the Deus and started digging more questionable signals. Of course the trash started to appear. That's okay and it's part of the learning curve. By the end of my hunt I dug 11 silver dimes and a bunch of clad. Totals were 5 Mercs 1926, 27, 2 - 42's, & a 44 and 6 Rosies 1951, 59, 61, & 3 - 64's. Now, our club has hunted this place several times as well as other outside of our club so it's been hunted hard. The kicker is 8 of the eleven dimes had rust stains on them from trash! They all ranged from 3" to 5" in depth because there is a clay layer there to stop the coins from sinking. I can only imagine how this unit will perform using a hotter program!

Really NICE results! Congrats!:clap:

It seems plenty hot for you for now.

Be very careful going too hot because the machine is always ready for it but unfortunately us humans are not. Slow and steady and you will love the Deus more and more!

Regards Joe (California)

you raise an interesting point about clay stopping finds from sinking deeper ,must keep that in mind ....

DrJoeprime said:
Really NICE results! Congrats!:clap:

It seems plenty hot for you for now.

Be very careful going too hot because the machine is always ready for it but unfortunately us humans are not. Slow and steady and you will love the Deus more and more!

Regards Joe (California)

I remember everyone saying to "take it slow" and I had to keep stopping myself from swinging faster (out of habit). I also discovered quickly that if a target is on the fringes of the coil pattern it will give you a high tone nearly every time. When I would re-sweep the target and center it in the coil it would be broken and usually trash.

stetsonhatman said:
Gratz Shultzie, I'm envious of your hunting grounds

Believe me this is not the norm here. If you find one or two silvers you are doing good. Now I need to start to find more Indian heads. :)

Thanks everyone for all the "Congrats". I will keep you posted on my progress while learning this unit.

Ha! Finally figured out how to post a pic. I'm a little slow in that department. :( Here are my finds from last week.

Congrats Schultzie! I am glad to see your doing well with it. As Joe said, as you get to know it better, you will like it more and more. I have never dug as many coins out of iron as I have with the Deus and it seems you are quickly noticing this as well. Good luck on your coming hunts and thanks for sharing -Marc

Welll done Schultzie, looks like your learning the Deus quickly.

Glad to see you are doing well with it schultzie, It's raining silver in your parts haha, cheers