Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My 2nd hunt with the F5

Mr. Beard

Fisher F5 -- 2nd time out

This morning I brought the F5, to 2 park areas, and at each one, did a quick scan of the totlot, then hit the grass areas. I think I have got the ground balance down pretty well and getting to adjust the gain up or down for better depth. It is very lightweight compared to all the other detectors I have owned. I am liking this---- for a great totlot/park hunter.

The F5 worked great in the totlot area, as I could get very close to the metal equipment with the thin width, 5 1/2 X 10 inch coil. I like the 4 tones mode, so I am using it, as the nickels are a higher tone than pulltabs.

When the VDI shows 30 ( nickel) and it doesn't jump a number or 2 up or down----------it is a nickel. All the clad dimes I got today were at number 70 and the clad quarters were either number 80 or 81.

No old coins but located over $7 in clad--a good total for the 2nd outing.

Have you noticed that when you get an overload signal, it will quit after a second and then you can slowly move the coil away and pick up items that would normally be masked by the overload?

You will also find that you can put the F5 into 2-tone mode and walking parallel to them, drag the tip along foundations and listen for the zip sounds amoung the reinforcing iron and pick up targets that nobody else can.

Great machine with many helpful features.

Good coin haul!

HH
Mike