Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My 5 year old grand-daughter just had her very first hunt with her own detector, the kid has the "Gift" !!

DC/Id

Today was Grandpa duty day for me. Anika is spending the weekend with us. I started the day out with cartoons, then breakfast, then rolling down my grassy hills.(barf), sneaking up on 20 head of mule deer( one very nice buck), sneaking M and Ms, a nice motorcycle ride, a couple hours at the playground, hide and seek, and a lot of other fun. A five year old is a lot of fun to hang out with, Nancy says that I must like to spend time with people more mature than myself. I wonder what she means?

In the afternoon I asked her if she was big enough to try out detecting for herself. She said "Yah Crap-pa, that might be fun" I haven't been this excited since my own boys fired off their first round of 44 mag ammo. I think they were each 4 years old.

I got out the Tesoro Campadre, shortened up the shaft as far as it would go, and gave her a lesson out on my lawn. I then threw a hand full of quarters out in the grass and told her she could keep all she could find. In a short time she had them all. I then asked her if she would like to try a REAL hunt. She was all fired up and ready to go.

We went over to a school playground where there were bark chips to dig in, to make it easier for her. Not more than ten seconds into her swinging that stubby detector, the finds started coming. The girl is a natural, just like her Grandma!

The picture is her finds. Pennies, one nickle, two dimes, two quarters, a ring, a copper bracelet, and a charm in the shape of a shoe. That charm was hard for me to find in the bark chips for her with the pin pointer, but she found it! She even asked me to let her hunt the grass and to teach her to dig a hole so no one could tell she had dug there. What a kid!
[attachment 9732 anikasfirstdetectorfinds.jpg]
I had more darn fun today. It looks like I have another detecting member of the family. I can't wait to get her to a swimming beach. The girl likes jewelery.

HH DC

Hope to do the same with my two grandaughters next weekend. 4 & 2. I imaging they'll be doing more playing than diggin, but it'll be fun anyway!

Dave