Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My apologies...

Dan'O

I'm afraid I may have offended some of you. In my last post my fiirst silver and more, I referred to a 1943 nickel as silver. My bad! Thanks to a true gentleman My ignorance was rewarded with knowledge. You know you are thanks again. And thanks to everyone else for your understanding of this newbie mistake.

1943 nickle does contain silver. its usuaaly called a war nickle and they used silver in it.

Its a 43.
every time I try to upload it tells me upload disabled. I'm using the internet through my phone instead of a computer so maybe that has something to do with it?

If any one has a bunch of the War Nickels........they are worth 70 to 90 cents each right now in qty.

And the only nickels made with sliver in them:) I have found only a 45 so far in the years I been MDing, hard to come by:rolleyes:

Silver War Nickels - 1942-45. They are pretty easy to spot because the mint mark sits is X-TRA large font size right above the dome of monticello on the back including the Phillidelphia mint; D, S and P. Every year I get a couple of them in change.

Over the years I've primarily hunted the yards of old homes and frequently find silver nickels (and the other nickels too). The trick is digging the low nickel signals and those just above. I've found the silver nickels read a little higher on the target ID meters. My old White's Eagle I was exceptional at finding old silver nickels.

I have to confess that it is easier to dig all the low and mid-conductor signals when in a private yard due to there being less trash than, for example, a public park.

Also, those of us that hunt with detectors that feature some sort of Audio target ID often have to fight the urge to cherry pick just the high conductors.

Rich (Utah)