Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My AT PRO Headphone adapter fix

Tennrebel

This is the way I fixed my headphone problem.I went to Radio Shack and bought part number 274-141(comes 2 to a pack) In-Line Jack and cut the cord of the supplied headphones and soldered in the In-Line Jack.Works perfect, just plug in what ever brand you like to use. I didn't want to cut the end of the cords of my $100 plus phones. I like to use more than one brand.

Good job. Now instead of letting those Garrett phones with the cut cord, set unused in a closet or drawer, drop back in to Radio Shack and buy a matching plug. Install it on the phone cord, and you can now use them as backup phones with any detector using a standard headphone plug, or (sell them & re-coup a fe bucks). :thumbup:

That would also work for those who want to use their other Garrett coils that are wired for the ACE series that one might already have on hand. Onus

Hey boys...Whats Battery Life like on this AT-Pro?
Why didja have to modify the jack?

Onus said:
That would also work for those who want to use their other Garrett coils that are wired for the ACE series that one might already have on hand. Onus

Ace coils will not work as they are a different freq even if you could hook them up.

Jason

Tennrebel said:
This is the way I fixed my headphone problem.I went to Radio Shack and bought part number 274-141(comes 2 to a pack) In-Line Jack and cut the cord of the supplied headphones and soldered in the In-Line Jack.Works perfect, just plug in what ever brand you like to use. I didn't want to cut the end of the cords of my $100 plus phones. I like to use more than one brand.

Did the same with mine same connector but I cut the cord at the headphones so I could mount it back at the arm rest.

Jason

that is a very good mod which will work great as long as people know it should not be used in water.i am going to do the same mod but will have water proof head phones for water detecting.:super:

Very nice job . I plan on doing the same with mine - bought the 1/4" in-line jacks from radio shack & parts from Garrett to make up 2 water-proof connectors- got wiring diagram for water-proof side ,but I need to know how the 1/4" in-line jack is wired - red , white & black wire - a picture would help - I'm going to cut the head phone cable & install 1/4" in-line jack for the first adaptor . - I'll make 2 more from the parts I got from Garrett

I plan on doing the same with mine - bought the 1/4" in-line jacks from radio shack & parts from Garrett to make up 2 water-proof connectors- got wiring diagram for water-proof side ,but I need to know how the 1/4" in-line jack is wired - red , white & black wire - a picture would help - I'm going to cut the head phone cable & install 1/4" in-line jack for the first adaptor . - I'll make 2 more from the parts I got from Garrett[/quote]

I didn't think the Garrett adaptor was available yet. Do you have part #'s for it, and cost?

Just finished my adaptor so I could use my TDK wireless headphones and one thing I learned in that particular scenario is the AT wants to see a a certain impedance at the HP port before it will shut off the internal speaker, it would appear this value was not matched until I put a resistor across the terminals of the adaptor so everything is working fine now.

Tennrebel said:
Can you or anyone tell me how to wire the red , white & black wires to 1/4"in-line jack.- in-line jack has 3 wire connections- 1 copper connection on one side, 1 connection opposite side & 1 connection in center.

Hey Guys Garrett is going to sale the adapters for the AT. after Xmas or i guess the holidays
so just Waite for a couple of weeks i don't know the price.

cyberfish2 said:
I plan on doing the same with mine - bought the 1/4" in-line jacks from radio shack & parts from Garrett to make up 2 water-proof connectors- got wiring diagram for water-proof side ,but I need to know how the 1/4" in-line jack is wired - red , white & black wire - a picture would help - I'm going to cut the head phone cable & install 1/4" in-line jack for the first adaptor . - I'll make 2 more from the parts I got from Garrett

I didn't think the Garrett adaptor was available yet. Do you have part #'s for it, and cost?[/quote]

Adaptor is not available yet the plug to make your own is from garrett. Think about $19 is what they told me. I just cut the wire and used the one on the headphones not like I am ever going to use those again. Two times hunting with them and I was done.

Jason

Tennrebel, Thanks for the wiring diagram , Very Good Job & easy to read - I'll cut the cord on the supplied headphones long enough to reach the back under the arm rest - solder in the in-line jack - install = DONE Garrett has the 8 parts to build water-proof connector for $19.95 - Garrett didn't have head-phone cable or in-line jack in stock , but Sue said they would have the complete adaptor for sale the middle of January.