Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My ATPro is Dead. :(

zaxfire69

I hate to report, but after 2 Saltwater hunts at the beach my ATPro is dead. Looks like it will be going back to Garrett when I get back off of Vacation. I had everything tight. Went out in the surf and had trouble ground balancing. Would ground balance down to 12 in wet sand, but when I moved back to the dry sand it would not ground balance AT ALL. Knew something wasn't right. I headed up to the room after that defeated. Woke up this morning to try it out and in pro mode all I could get was a steady tone in Pro mode. I will send it in. Get the upgrades and everything. I brought a back up Ace 250 so my vacation isn't ruined. Always bring a backup.

On the bright side, you will get a proper refurnished ATP with a new reset of the warranty. That ACE 250 ain't no slouch either.

Good luck!

Yes did the factory reset and changed batteries. Still the same. Kinda bummed, but the Ace 250 found me silver last year. I will try it again this year.

Do you have a coil cover on? It takes a little while after being in the salt water before it will ground balance to the dry sand. This is because some salt water seeps into the coil cover so the machine is still reading the wet salt until it drys out.

Don't feel like the lone ranger because mine was a leaker also and it only held up an hour and a half submerged in freshwater. I just got it back from Garrett and am to scared to use it in the water anymore. It has more hours in shipping back to Garrett than it does hunting. Thinking of getting rid of it since it's has a clean bill of health and hasn't been used since it has gotten back from Garrett. I have never felt like this about a detector in my life. JMO

Well Sue at Garrett took care of me. Going to send it in as soon as I get back from Vacation. I brought an Ace 250 as a backup. I was looking forward to going in surf, but Oh well.