Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My best ATX find after hurricane erosion

-
Was on the beach at 4:30AM this morning and found an area of major erosion.

It was non-stop scooping for three hours down to 16" until I couldn't scoop no more.

I found the ring when it was still dark and the diamonds were sparkling in the full moon moonlight.
The all-in-one weddings set is marked 14k on each ring and I have no doubt the diamonds are real. I will have it appraised.

I think that I will go back tomorrow and see what I missed and work down the beach further.

Thanks for looking - HH

Just looking at that huge cut makes me drool........:drool: Lots of coins, jewelry too! Any old silver coins in that batch?

John-Edmonton said:
Just looking at that huge cut makes me drool........:drool: Lots of coins, jewelry too! Any old silver coins in that batch?

Hi John.

No old silver coins at this location, but about 10 miles north in Seal Beach after Hurricane Marie pushed up a big swell last week or so, I found these silvers and wheats.

Beautiful ring SoCal!!:clapping: And it looks like the four legged fellow was having a good time to.:biggrin:

-
Well, to continue my story of the location where I found the ring.

I did go back to the same area the next day and within the first hour after finding a handful of coins, my ATX suddenly went erratic on me.

As I would swing back and forth the sound was crazy loud and LED's would flash between two and five LED's as I swung. And after a few swings it would suddenly blare out with max LED's like I laid the coil on a steel drum.

I tried everything; many factory resets, removed batteries, lowered all settings, checked connections, and nothing changed. I call Garrett and described the situation and what I tried to do to correct it. They seem to think the coil may be bad. They are sending me a new coil and a shipping label to send the old coil back. Then they said if the coil doesn't correct the problem, I will need to send the unit in.

I still have my AT Pro to hit the dry and damp sand, but no more mineralized wet sand and saltwater until I get my ATX going again.

What an unfortunate time to hear the steel drum song. Best of luck with the ATPro, please let us know how it does. I am sure many would be interested.

May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in your scoop!

WaterWalker said:
What an unfortunate time to hear the steel drum song. Best of luck with the ATPro, please let us know how it does. I am sure many would be interested.

May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in your scoop!

Thanks WaterWalker,

When I had Garrett on the phone about my erratic ATX, I asked about the availability of the grid style coil cover for the ATX.

No delivery date in sight ... they are having tooling and die problems for the coil cover.

-
ATX Erratic Problem Update:

Yesterday, Sept. 16, 2014, I received a replacement DD Coil from Garrett.

I was on the beach at 4:30AM this morning close to the same location where I found the diamond ring that started this thread.

I fired up the ATX, performed a ground balance on the mineralized wet sand, and it ran flawlessly and quiet for the two hours I was there.

In the two hours I found a 925 Silver ring, about six dollars in coinage (not shown), and a Two Euro coin.

I can't thank Garrett enough for the Ultra Fast shipment of the replacement coil.

Garrett Has Excellent Customer Service!!!