Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My best F75 find of 2010

SteveP(NH)

Well looks like my F75 is hung on the wall until the spring melt so here is my best find of 2010 using the F75...

I went out detecting with two good buddies in Marlborough NH last April. It was one of the first really gorgeous days of spring up here and so it was fantastic to get out just for the fine, warm weather after a long New England winter. We were detecting a small triangular area (say about 1/2 acre) that was formed where a colonial road and a more modern one crossed. The old colonial road is now a driveway on private land (we had permission from the land owner). There is a rock wall running along the property boundary between the modern road and the private land with the colonial road/driveway on it and apparently people used to dump their trash along the rock wall. There was a lots of iron but some nice targets too. I was hunting in 2F audio and DE process with the discrim at 5 and was getting lots of iron hits when I got a little peep from a target that turned out to read in the low 60's on the target ID. So I dug up 16 pieces of iron and a cap plate out of the same hole - talk about great iron see thru - the F75 definitely has that. The cap plate was from a circa 1840 New Hampshire Volunteer Militia uniform cap. Here is some other info I found about it.

The Cap Plate is listed on Page 293 of American Military Headgear Insignia by J. Duncan Campbell and Michael J. O'Donnell as Figure 666 where it is described as:

Cap Plate, Volunteer Militia, New Hampshire, ca. 1840-1845. The ship portrayed below the Eagle on the Cap Plate is actually under construction and is taken directly from the New Hampshire state seal.

The description also indicates that in 1846 a group of 25 of these Volunteer Militia left Exeter, New Hampshire for service in the Mexican War. So what was your best single find this year?

WOW!! That is a great find, you have recovered a great piece of History. Thanks for sharing the picture, I don't know what I would do if I found something like that, probably just sit there for a while and stare at it and imagine the History behind it. Thanks and HH, Randy

Repeat, WOW!
Fantastic find.

Nothing that I have found remotely compares to that! Awesome find!!

Too amazing for words. What an awesome find. Way to go with your F75. That is a great save. I bet your buddies about passed out when you dusted this off and showed them what you had dug.
Hope for an early spring.

Don
HH

n/t

Hats off to you Steve.
I got a lot of skunks this year but my two favorites are a
1806 1/2 Reale and a gold ring from a early 1900s defunct park .

WTG.....great job.......hh........DAN

gmanlight said:
Hats off to you Steve.
I got a lot of skunks this year but my two favorites are a
1806 1/2 Reale and a gold ring from a early 1900s defunct park .

Nice reale, you always got to love finding Spanish silver.

I replied to your PM but your mailbox is full so the system would not send you the reply. You need to delete some messages.....

thqnks!..i will do that!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Great find Steve,cant top that!!....hh rick in mi.