Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Best Find of The Year (Gold Ring)

Here's my best find of the year, found it back in the middle of July metal detecting on my older property that I own. Never expected to find anything too intriguing, just thought I'd find a couple buffalo nickels until I came across this.

10 karat gold class ring, the middle piece fell off it seems and on the back there's the marking of the 10 karat gold along with the student's initials. In the middle there's 2 different types of gold while the rest of it is just the standard yellow gold. The middle would have had something like a school name, but this one doesn't have it. (Though I don't mind since it's still a gold ring.)

Might as well put it on here since gold is pretty nice to see once in awhile.

IMG_0061.JPG

Once in awhile????? All the time I’d say!!!!!

The center piece may be mostly stone, maybe go back and sift the dirt from the hole where you dug it ?

The center piece may be mostly stone, maybe go back and sift the dirt from the hole where you dug it ?
Yeah, I did do exactly that at the time but didn't find it, otherwise you'd probably see it on the ring rn. I don't know where it could be, but maybe it's somewhere in the area of that ring. No matter if I have the middle piece or not, I'm pretty satisfied with just having the gold ring. Not many people get to dig them up it seems, so I'm pretty happy that I got the luck of having a ring in the soil I searched. It was pretty satisfying to see that ring since the sun was shining bright and it glowed in the dirt, can't describe the feeling any better than that.