Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My biggest coin find ever!

Heehee! did I get ya for a second? My wife got me today when she planted this monster and called sweetly, "Honey, can you pinpoint this target for me please?" I fell for it till I saw the huge grin on her face. LOL, she fooled me good!
-Ed

Yeah. Wife's are really good at that. My wife bought a set of three coins 1907 barber dime, a 1936 buffalo nickel, and a 1943 merc and planted them in our back yard and then asked if I could show her how the detector worked. I started swinging and found the nickel with complete date and was very excited. I then found the merc and was thrilled. I was really excited when I found the barber. We live in a newer house, but I thought the previous person who lived there might have lost a coin collection to kids or grand kids getting into it. I was ready to scour the whole yard and then my wife told me about the gag. I did not know wether to laugh or get upset. Chose to laugh and it made all the difference. I got some nice coins out of the deal anyway. My dad loves to detect and I pulled the same gag on him a little while later. It was good fun and we all got a laugh. I let him keep the coins.

Thanks for the comments! Good story Dirtdigger. Well, I fell for it hook, line and sinker. At first it looked like a snoose can lid, then as I saw it I thought medallion. We find all sorts of odd dropped items, most of it junk, but I didn't think it odd at all to find something like that just laying there under an inch of gopher mound. As soon as I held it up, I saw that grin on her face.

Laugh over, we went back to detecting. A few minutes later she called out "I got another dollar signal." I said "Sure you did!" half-expecting she had two of them monster coins. But I went over to check it out. We both had to pry it up from the sod. It was a door from an old cast-iron cookstove. Not a bad "real" find for the day and she found it on her first time out with the Discovery 2200 we got a few months back.

Other than my monster quarter, all I found that day was buried barbed wire. We were actually hunting for a porcelain cookstove we know is buried in its entirety somewhere in this field. No luck there, but we had fun and found a keeper.

-Ed

Yeah. Wife's are really good at that. My wife bought a set of three coins 1907 barber dime, a 1936 buffalo nickel, and a 1943 merc and planted them in our back yard and then asked if I could show her how the detector worked. I started swinging and found the nickel with complete date and was very excited. I then found the merc and was thrilled. I was really excited when I found the barber. We live in a newer house, but I thought the previous person who lived there might have lost a coin collection to kids or grand kids getting into it. I was ready to scour the whole yard and then my wife told me about the gag. I did not know wether to laugh or get upset. Chose to laugh and it made all the difference. I got some nice coins out of the deal anyway. My dad loves to detect and I pulled the same gag on him a little while later. It was good fun and we all got a laugh. I let him keep the coins.

Ten years later, this thread needs pics or it didn't happen!
:wave:

Attachments

• EDO_1231.JPG
    EDO_1231.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 139
  • stovedoor.jpg
    stovedoor.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 128
Dang, never saw the original posting date…… way to come back finish up!!!