Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Brand New 19 Yr. Old Bandido ll Umax

JEF

troll
I found it on fleabay a while back. It was listed in the new-other category. The guy bought it in March of 2000. He still had the original box and receipt from Metal Detectors of Minneapolis. He used it for a few hours to locate some property boundary stakes, and put it away in the box for 19 years until I bought it. It is in pristine condition. The reason I know that it was barely used is the battery terminals did not have a mark on them. After you put the battery in a few times the terminals start getting scratched from sliding the battery in and out. So I have 2 pristine Bandido ll Umax’s. They are what I use when I just want to go out and dig and have fun, and not worry about programs, settings, screens, etc.. I have the 7” black concentric coil on one and the 8” white donut coil on the other one. I will never part with them.

I have to say congrats to you and your find!
The bandido 2 was one Tesoro I always wanted to try but haven’t, sounds like you found a good one.

I can take one off your hands ;-)
Great find being brand new!! Great detector!!
Hope you didn't need a second mortgage to get it!!

He had a started the bidding at $350 with a make an offer option. I made him an offer of $400 and he accepted it. I could have just bid on it and maybe got it for less, but there has been too many times in the past, where I was the high bidder up until the very last second, and then someone jumped in and outbid me. It’s called sniping. So, with the shipping, I paid a total of $425. For my other one I paid a total of $350 including shipping.

JEF said:
He had a started the bidding at $350 with a make an offer option. I made him an offer of $400 and he accepted it. I could have just bid on it and maybe got it for less, but there has been too many times in the past, where I was the high bidder up until the very last second, and then someone jumped in and outbid me. It’s called sniping. So, with the shipping, I paid a total of $425. For my other one I paid a total of $350 including shipping.
Given the current state of tesoro and the fact that even when they were open you still pay a high price for that machine, I dont think you did that bad at all.

D&P-OR,

Yes, I have accepted the fact that they could break, and there is no longer any service for them if they do. If or when that ever happens I also have two Tesoro Outlaws to take their place. The Outlaw was based on the Bandido, and is very similar in operation. I will always keep a Tesoro in my detector arsenal. They are just a fun detector to use. I have actually found more good stuff with my Tesoros than any of my other detectors (including the Equinox) because I am just digging and not relying on a screen or any other information that may not be reliable.

I think my tesoros will Outlast any of the detectors in the market. They are simple, solid state machines. If a component on the board fails you can easily replace it. But I have my bandido and my Cutlass umax (not Cutlass II umax) that are pretty old and I doubt that any of my fancy machine will last as long as those already have.