Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My coin tones and breaks for 12kz

Mountain Mike

I am putting together my own 12kz program for coins. This program will be for sites 1900 or newer with some modern trash. I am new to the Deus so keep that in mind. The following will be my tones and breaks. Let me know if there is an obvious problem with it. It will use 5 tones as follows.

Tone 1 200hz-My disc zone which will be controlled by the iron volume-set at 1 or 2

Tone 2 450hz-ID #s 6-59. This will be my nickel zone as I will notch from 6-50. So only 50-59 will be heard with a very noticeable tone.

Tone 3 200hz-ID #s 60-75. I will call this the pull tab zone. Although it is in the same tone as assigned to iron it gives a much louder tone than the iron since the iron volume is at 1 or 2. A zinc penny that registers below 75 is probably not worth digging.

Tone 4 650hz-ID #s 75-80. Zinc zone.

Tone 5 800hz ID #s 80-99. Hopefully this zone catches good coins such as wheats, coppers, and silvers.

Just my opinion, I would drop the nickel range down a bit from 50 to 47 or so. The one shield nickel I found came in at 47-48 (in the ground).

Indiana Mark said:
Just my opinion, I would drop the nickel range down a bit from 50 to 47 or so. The one shield nickel I found came in at 47-48 (in the ground).

I was thinking if it was an earlier site maybe drop the notch to 6-40 and honestly I would did everything 40-99 unless there was modern garbage then it would just depend on how good it sounded..