Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My custom made digging tool.....

Dan-MO

Many years ago when I first started detecting, I could not find a digging tool to meet my needs. I decided to make my own. I started with a sturdy factory made little digging tool, added the small iron rock tool that was hand forged by my grandfather nearly 100 years ago - the pick serves as a footrest to push the tool into hard packed dirt or to scratch out signals in hard packed rock or gravel conditions - I have recovered many silver dimes out of old gravel driveways with the pick. I then added about a 10 inch section of heavy hollow stainless steel pipe for more leverage and topped it off with a thick rubber tip that came off the bottom of a crutch. The tip can be removed and I used the inside of the pipe for storage (extra batteries, band aids, etc) I have dug thousands of targets since I built this and it has held up well. Over the last couple of years my wife has used it for garden work. Another thing I love about this old tool is that when you look at it from the right angle it is in the shape of the cross, and this reminds me of the time when my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ heard my heartfelt cries, entered into my heart, and changed me forever! By far the most precious thing I have ever found......Praise his holy name and may you all have a wonderful Easter...

Attachments

• DIG 002.jpg
    DIG 002.jpg
    881.3 KB · Views: 98
  • DIG 001.jpg
    DIG 001.jpg
    909 KB · Views: 89
A cross is the first thing I thought of when I saw it. I made a custom one years ago. I used it a lot. But I use a lesche now and a predator shovel that I won here on findmall a few years ago.