Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Custom V3i Program

I have been getting so many requests for the settings I use that I thought it was time to post them.

One thing that should be pointed out is that most of my detecting is done at clean sites that have little trash (other than iron) with very low EMI, if any. Hot rocks can be a problem at times for me with my settings at zero.

This post is only meant to show what works well for me. There is no magic bullet when it comes to settings. Programs that work for some people will be impossible to use for others. Many settings (for example Stereo Mixed Mode: OFF) are simply personal preference.

Neil's Custom Settings for the V3i
Relic Program is a good starting point for this program. Most of the Relic default settings work well with this custom program, minimizing the need for many alterations. Settings that are the default settings in the Relic program may not be listed below.

DISCRIMINATION SETTINGS*
Visual Reject: ON
Bottle Cap Reject: OFF
Hot Rock Reject: OFF

SENSITIVITY SETTINGS*
RX GAIN: 13
TX Boost: OFF
Discrimination: 94
All Metal: 74

GROUND TRACKING
AutoTrack: OFF
LockTrack: ON
Offset: +1

FREQUENCY
7.5KHz

FILTER & SPEED
SEARCH
Ground Filter: 7.5KHz High Band*
Recovery Delay: 90*
SAT: 15*
ANALYSIS
Match Search: OFF

AUDIO
SEARCH AUDIO
Discrimination: ON
Tone ID: ON
MIXED MODE: ON
STEREO MIXED MODE: OFF
VCO: ON

CONFIGURATION
ANALYSIS
Polar Plot: On

*Adjust as necessary. I run these settings as "hot" as possible while keeping the V3i stable. Sometimes I run it a little higher sacrificing stability for depth. False signals are an indication that one or more settings are set too high.

Changing the settings as the ones you posted ... What was the difference .. depth? ,target,? trash?
I have the v3i and looking to try some different programs .
would be using in old farm feilds and homesteds ... thanks