Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My dad found this milk bottles in the 70’s. Any ideas on the age or any other info.

Ace 350

The bottle has raised glass writing on it. My dad used to bottle hunt along time ago and he showed me this bottle but he never has found any information on it. I tried to get him to take good clear pictures or as clear as he could so sorry if the pictures aren’t that clear. He would be happy to get any information on it. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 6AF29E7A-1C49-42C4-82E1-5A3F913FD395.jpeg
    6AF29E7A-1C49-42C4-82E1-5A3F913FD395.jpeg
    819.5 KB · Views: 335
  • AD297687-5CB3-444C-B8F9-73B743666653.jpeg
    AD297687-5CB3-444C-B8F9-73B743666653.jpeg
    780.6 KB · Views: 354
Usually the bottom of a milk bottle will have 2 digits emboss on it.. for example a 44 would be 1944... the style of that one would appear to be from the 1930s or 40s.. some were marked with BB48. stamped on the edge very close to the bottom..that markingwould mean= bottled before 1948... as far as the dairy you might be able to google it...

Usually the bottom of a milk bottle will have 2 digits emboss on it.. for example a 44 would be 1944... the style of that one would appear to be from the 1930s or 40s.. some were marked with BB48. stamped on the edge very close to the bottom..that markingwould mean= bottled before 1948... as far as the dairy you might be able to google it...
Thanks for the information.

It may have been a public dairy, instead of a privately owned dairy farm. I have found some bottles here in MA. Embossed would read, "A bottle of milk is a bottle of health" Bootyhoundpa is right on as far as dating the bottle. I still enjoy digging for old bottles , the old dumps are getting harder to find. HH

Heres a question for you. I'm not saying you are wrong at all ,, just curious as to why a bottle would be marked BB-48 ?? For instance,,if a bottle was made in '47,, why would it be marked BB48 ,, was there some kind of changes coming in '48 or after that they knew about ,,,, and this would make a bottle made before '48 useless ?? Just curious. Thanks.

Heres a question for you. I'm not saying you are wrong at all ,, just curious as to why a bottle would be marked BB-48 ?? For instance,,if a bottle was made in '47,, why would it be marked BB48 ,, was there some kind of changes coming in '48 or after that they knew about ,,,, and this would make a bottle made before '48 useless ?? Just curious. Thanks.
Very good question, well I’m not exactly saying I’m right either lol.... the ones that have the BB48 on them are later ones..perhaps they were bottled after 48 ..would make more sense.. It is the way I understood it when a guy much wiser than myself had explained it to me many many years ago...I imagine the ones marked BB48 probably fell into a short window of time and I only say that as I can recall seeing many having a date on the bottom up to about 45 and also recall seeing many marked with dates from the early 50s but don’t recall any from the late 40s dates on them...good question though..might have some sort of health thing adopted during that time but I don’t know for sure..